Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Moonvalley - RPG

Have any cool screenshots and/or projects to show off? Post your content here!
(If you need somewhere to post your images, why not use our gallery?)
wildflower
Name: Sandie

Re: RPG (don't have a name yet)

Post by wildflower »

Thank you all :D

I "stole" a ship from Sauerbraten (the Caribbean map), but I intend to make my own later, just wanted to have something in the harbor.
Most of the textures are default, but I have added some from http://www.openfootage.net/.

@chocolatepie33 The skybox is called "Barren", I added a low-hanging cloud-layer.

@BlackGulf The hud is default in the svn RPG-mode, but Hirato have said that it will be fully customable 8-) so I might make some changes later.

@Runescapedj Your cave-map loks HUGE, and I know the hours that went into heightmapping (hats-off). The switches I wanted was for actually turning on the light (lighting 22 torches in the mine one by one), but it seams theres a limit on how many times one can do that, so as suggested by Hirato, I went in another direction.
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

If you know how to do it, you can make the mountains within an hour, maybe within half an hour
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Post by kddekadenz »

Great work!
Will there be custom music in the final version?
By the way, if there will be any Beta, I want to apply as Beta- tester :)
Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox
wildflower
Name: Sandie

Post by wildflower »

I finished day one of the game, theres a couple of quests and some background for the main plot.
Day three is almost complete, and I'll post a beta as soon as day two are complete, might be a while thou, I have a big exam next week and need to study just a little bit ;)

I'm planning on adding custom music to the game at some point. I would prefer some classical themed music but I haven't got much experience making that kind of music, so if anyone would like to contribute with a Morrowind 2.0 theme, you are more than welcome :D

The main plot evolves around a solar eclipse, and I was thinking of calling the game Moonflower, but my husband thinks it's kind'a corny, perhaps Moonvalley?

A few screenshots from Moonvalley and Nevergreen, two of the cities in the game:

gallery/image_page.php?album_id=3&image_id=245
gallery/image_page.php?album_id=3&image_id=244
gallery/image_page.php?album_id=3&image_id=243
gallery/image_page.php?album_id=3&image_id=242
gallery/image_page.php?album_id=3&image_id=241
cork279
Name: Corey
IRC Username: cork279

Post by cork279 »

The maps look great :D
I really like all the buildings, especially the ones in Nevergreen. They remind me a bit of the houses in Oblivion, in Bruma, if you've played it... :P
Anyway, really cool maps so far; looks like it'll be a good game.

Moonvalley sounds like a good name, but so does Moonflower, I don't think it sounds corny, but whatever you decide :P
My latest track: Odyssey

Soundcloud - Youtube - ModDB
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

@Rune: do me a favor and make a tutorial on how to do that. Last I checked, I can't make mountains using heightmap mode if my life depended on it.

@Wildflower: ah, I see. I don't remember seeing Barren in the default list, but maybe it's just me. Also, for a name, try to make one that reflects gameplay or the story. Also, if you're accepting beta testers, I'll sign up as soon as 2.7 rolls around.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

@chocolatepie: I mean the kind of mountains he already made, those aren't too hard, but look good (in my opinion)

@Wildflower: I like the mountain walls around the village, I use them too =P, you can add screenshots too in the forums, without link.
Just scroll down in the post reply screen, and you can click on the tab 'Attachments' next to 'Options', and you can just upload screens ;)
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Post by kddekadenz »

I finished day one of the game, theres a couple of quests and some background for the main plot.
Day three is almost complete, and I'll post a beta as soon as day two are complete, might be a while thou, I have a big exam next week and need to study just a little bit ;)
Best wishes for your exam. How the days will be connected?
I'm planning on adding custom music to the game at some point. I would prefer some classical themed music but I haven't got much experience making that kind of music, so if anyone would like to contribute with a Morrowind 2.0 theme, you are more than welcome :D
I've stored on my drive a collection of public domain classic music. Just ask if you need some of them.
The main plot evolves around a solar eclipse, and I was thinking of calling the game Moonflower, but my husband thinks it's kind'a corny, perhaps Moonvalley?
I worked some time ago, on a big modding project, called "SOLARIS" (screens are on my website). I think both names don't fit, but you may implent a plant, called "Moonflower" as some easteregg ;)
Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox
GigaShadow
Name: Dominic
IRC Username: GigaShadow

Post by GigaShadow »

Nice GUI. I wish I had the time and knowledge to make one for my maps.
Need Texture Help? Pm me and I can help you out with all of your texturing needs.
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

FYI that GUI comes standard in RPG mode 2.7
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!