Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Apocalypse Saga

Have any cool screenshots and/or projects to show off? Post your content here!
(If you need somewhere to post your images, why not use our gallery?)
Deathwalker 9000
Name: Andrew
IRC Username: Deathwalker

Apocalypse Saga

Post by Deathwalker 9000 »

i am accepting assistance

The end will come when the dawn burns blue

Stage 1
The event

Act 1
The junkyard

The hero finds himself in a junkyard full of broken or damaged parts to tanks. So he started to construct a tank from all of the parts. Weeks later the tank is complete and only need some fuel. He finds several gang members guarding a fuel depot and they have patrols of tanks found in the junkyard he was only lucky that he made it through the junkyard with out encountering them.

Act 2
The depot

After scouting the depot he was discovered he managed to run away but they were hot on his trail so he hid inside his tank. He waited for only ten minutes then the gang members turned the corner and instantly shot with the 65mm. cannon killing them with ease unfortunately it alerted the patrols and caused more trouble for our hero.

Act 3
The big bad boss

Since he killed the gang members the patrol came after him with extreme aggression. Tanks where coming at him from left and right he ran out of ammo before he made it to the boss of the junkyard. The boss had a 20x20x15 foot tank equipped with 4 60mm. grenade launchers, 6 50 cal. Machine gun 10 rocket packs filled with 8 rockets each, and 5 rail-cannons. The boss was the only thing standing between him and the exit.

Act 4
One shot left

The hero ran deep into the junkyard so he could ambush it during the process he found a 50 cal. Sniper rifle with explosive ammunition. So he hid his tank and went to the top of the junk pile and saw that the boss was closing in. The hero took dead aim at the tank and shot once. The shot detonated one of the rocket packs causing massive damage to the tank. Realizing how much damage the shot did he shot the other rocket packs. Unfortunately the tank was still operational and he only had one shot left. So he ran to a different location because the boss found him out. And started shooting at him from behind nearly hitting his head the hero ducked for cover under a pile of junk the boss drove right on by allowing him time to get away for another shot

Act 5
The new earth

After running from the boss the found himself behind the tank so with his final shot he destroyed the gas tank and blew the tank into tiny chunks the rained down from the heavens. The hero left the junkyard to stock up on supply at the depot. When he went on top of the depot he saw nothing but a barren desert landscape as far as he could see.

Stage 2
Desert wasteland

Act 1
The desert

For this journey he stashed enough supplies for 3 weeks in the desert. After getting the resources that will make him last a long time in the desert. The supplies including a tent, 2 repair kits, 20 cases of 50 cal. ammo, and 10 shot for the cannon. After collecting the supplies he made his way into the desert.

Act 2
The wild beast

The hero has been driving around for 2 weeks now he has encountered several enemies some big, some small, but some looks like robots. Using the spare parts from the robots he was able to keep his tank rolling along. Then all of a sudden a wild beast appears out of no where and attacked him. The beast had large fangs and looked wolf like in appearance with claws sharper than steel knives. After felling the beast the hero took out his combat knife and scavenged the wolf for food and fur.

Act 3
Shaman Town

A week after being attacked by the wolf he saw something in the distance so he rode towards it and came to realize that it is a town. Upon entering the town the hero saw the name of the town was Shaman Town. An after getting halfway through the town he was greeted with a very warm welcome. He was shocked that the town was so friendly when he asked why they were so happy they replied that the wolf monster had been killed. Hearing this, the hero showed the pelt he made from the fur of the beast. Seeing the pelt the townsfolk gave him the reward money and the bounty poster of another best the lives in the desert wasteland.

Act 4
The new beast

Looking at the wanted poster he saw a 10,000 dollar reward for the death of this beast. The picture showed a shark like creature that had 6 eyes and a mouth close to 8 feet wide.
The detail on this beast was “A large shark located deep in the desert west of Shaman Town has been known for eating whole supply tucks whole a 10,000 dollar reward to the death of this creature.”

Stage 3
Allies in a new land

Act 1
The unknown ally

After a well deserved rest the hero was confronted with a man who works the local repair shop. He convinces the hero to bring his tank to the shop. After getting to the shop and got the repairs needed to continue but the shop owner asks the hero if he could take his daughter to see the world with him.

Act 2
New tank

After taking the new ally name Julie to the junkyard and scavenged some tank parts Julie found a building buried under the rubble. Inside that building was a panzer tank in moderate condition. After fixing it up they left the junkyard and stop at the supply depot so they get some supplied for the journey. The journey took them around the desert where the hero went through and facing even more enemies than before Julie being from a family of mechanics she had a very good skills on repairing tanks. Because of this the hero though that this was a good time to introduce himself.

Act 3
The reasons

After stopping by some rocks for shelter they sat down and started talking Julie went first. She went on about that she wanted to go around the world and see it first hand. Then she was talking about the reason for this was that there was an extreme war that ravaged the whole world. She described everything that she knew about nuclear World War IV.

Act 4
The hero’s past

After Julie had finished she asked about the hero’s past.
His response was that he only remembers of a mother’s love unfortunately he had lost his memory and his name. Julie shocked by this information asked how he came to Shaman Town with minimal damage to the tank. His only response was that he had to fend off a bunch of gangsters that were after him before he even entered the desert. Julie was horrified by this information and decided to go back to the depot and search the files for anything that might be of some use.

Act 5
Find the past

After returning to the depot the found info on a possible lead but he was a town over from Shaman Town that town was called Fort Shadow. Unfortunately there was a shark like creature between Shaman Town and Fort Shadow. So they were planning on a plot to get the military of Fort Shadow to go out and find the shark. Unfortunately they were highly trained to stay still.

Act 6
The plan

The plan included in several explosive detonations so they searched the junkyard for anything they can use as explosives as well as napalm to create a endless cloud black smoke. They managed to find enough supplies of explosives and napalm to start the fire. Luckily they also had a map of the desert leading to the fort and set up in the right spot to cause them to see the smoke. And they were on there way to see what happed.

Act 7
The failing military

As soon as the military was in site the shark appeared out of nowhere and attacked the military. The plan was able to get so far because the military was loosing.

im starting this project there is no pictures yes but i will add some after some progress has been made
Last edited by Deathwalker 9000 on December 20th, 2010, 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Re: Apocalypse Saga

Post by chocolatepie33 »

wow, this looks like a really cool project. Good Luck.
Also, cool avatar. Did you make it yourself?
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
Deathwalker 9000

was never good at sprites so no but this idea was thought up about 2 years ago but the computer prevented me from working on it
Deathwalker 9000

this is harder than i thought and it was hard to start with :(
InHumanUnit
Name: Ian, Haiku, I got alot ;)
Location: Toyko, Japan. Currently in Illonis, Round Lake in America for secret purposes

Post by InHumanUnit »

Intresting. Sounds enteraining.
XEON BOX GAMES - XBG is a blast from the past of a pirate mast to a cars thats fast.
You dare challenge me to Halo:Reach? You must die!
Deathwalker 9000

yea but im having a hard time starting
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team

Post by chocolatepie33 »

lots of maps are like that, don't worry.
Save the wiki!
daltonds1
Name: Dalton
IRC Username: Daltonds1

Post by daltonds1 »

get a team.
Deathwalker 9000

yea i could but i have no clue where to start deviding the work i can seem to do anything correctly
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team

Post by chocolatepie33 »

@dalton: really? that's the best you could come up with? GET A TEAM?
Well, I guess that could work. Get some friends (or someone from on here) to help you out. However, if you're a perfectionist (like me,) it's gonna be a lot easier for you to do it yourself.
Save the wiki!