Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Toyz

Have any cool screenshots and/or projects to show off? Post your content here!
(If you need somewhere to post your images, why not use our gallery?)
MTpitre
Name: Michael

Re: Toyz

Post by MTpitre »

Thank you very much sir, I checked out your Game also, it is pretty sweet!

I actually admired the tons of work and innovation you put.

I am hopefully trying to reach that point with my game.

I am just having a bit of trouble with map design. You see in ISPY books the photographer uses various objects to make a scene (Geometric ie blocks and also props). I am just a little lost on what to make with the

PAS and by other 3d modeling programs.

Is it possible to make sphere and also cylindrical blocks with PAS or am I better importing them from another 3d modeling program into the engine? What I am trying to do is make a library of simple objects so I can

access them whenever I need to make variations of them for a scene or level.

Thanks in advance!

Michael
RonnieNeeley
Name: Ronnie Neeley

Post by RonnieNeeley »

Oh thanks for the compliments. I guess to reach the point of innovation, you have to do something innovating. I'm trying to create something unique, and I can definitely vouch that you are too, which is something I really appreciate in this community.

I was thinking earlier this morning about how hard replicating the images from ISPY would be, but I think it is do-able and would be very fun.

I know for sure you can make cylinders, and I'd imagine spheres as well.

Here is a map that came with the original Cube2 engine (the engine Sandbox is modified from) that has plenty of cylindrical staircases. You can just clear out the stairs and fill it in, and BAM, a cylinder. ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/?9awhanb20vac2if

Let me know if you have trouble putting the map into the game.
MTpitre
Name: Michael

Post by MTpitre »

Hi there Ronnie, thank you very much for the support! :D

I have been trying to plan maps and models. That download you gave me really helped. Cylinders and spheres were and still are quite a trouble but that definitely helped.

Basically I've modeled a few basic shapes by hand and basically slapped a wooden block texture but I think doing this in the Sandbox engine is better for me.

WIll give you guys an update within a few days (Been busy with family obligations )