Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

SINK - Underwater Adventure

Have any cool screenshots and/or projects to show off? Post your content here!
(If you need somewhere to post your images, why not use our gallery?)
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Re: SINK - Underwater Adventure

Post by chocolatepie33 »

About the browser... just tested it, it looks promising. Your icons could use a little help (I like the home one, however), and overall I think you should work on polishing up the UI, as it's kind of bland looking, to me.

Anyways, about your projects... I can definitely agree with you on the start-and-stop project syndrome. How far are you with C#? I'd recommend you look at C++, as C# is built upon it.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
cork279
Name: Corey
IRC Username: cork279

Post by cork279 »

Yeah, I agree, I might try to improve the look of the browser. You can kinda tell I like the colour orange :P
I might take a look at C++. A few people are recommending I do so, so it's probably a good idea.
My latest track: Odyssey

Soundcloud - Youtube - ModDB
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

Most of the tips I've gathered have been: "Start with an easy language."

Something along those lines. I have to say I disagree. I'm not going to spend the better part of a year learning a language I'm not going to use, so I might as well just jump into something that can be readily applicable. C# and C++ are two languages I could use immediately if I started learning them.

So I say your choices are great!

However, if I wanted to start developing in say, Unity instead of Sandbox, I would have 3 choices for programming languages: Java, a variant of Python called Boo, and C# (or C++, can't remember which). Then I would end up choosing which is the most powerful and whether or not I could use it with other engines (C# or C++ would once again fulfill those desires).

As a side note, learning C++ would enable you to develop Sandbox with Hirato and Co. (I personally would choose that route, just so I can get my hands dirty)
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!