Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

jamato

Have any cool screenshots and/or projects to show off? Post your content here!
(If you need somewhere to post your images, why not use our gallery?)
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Re: jamato

Post by chocolatepie33 »

with the map, you don't need to do it as a texture, you could have a sign or something similar (a basic model), and then you could include the actual map in a pop-up menu using the command guiimage. Same with the note.

As for bumpmaps, they're not required, but they can usually make your textures look better.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
northstar
Name: steven

Post by northstar »

not a bad idea CP... i'll try that out... my practice maps are all thrown out and i'm starting from scratch again... but as for scripting... i need a dictinary to just flat out tell me what is what and what it does... searching all over the site and internet just slows things down to a crawl... and the problem with the new blender release just voids all the tut's as for md3's and such... then sauerbraten has stuff PAS doesnt... it's just unorganized... for example, never heard of guiimage... not to mention half the commands are fps and dont work in rpg... and my autoexec just stands there and looks at me with a querying look in its eyes saying 'what do you want me to do about it?' lol...

(anguished sigh) its still fun though...
northstar

Post by northstar »

just savin space (smile)...
northstar

Post by northstar »

northstar

Post by northstar »

northstar

Post by northstar »

textures are all mine... i figure there are so few models i will replace them one at a time... later... maybe...

skylight is set to 120,120,120... while gamma is 60 for dark dungeons... everything is scaled down to 75% and movespeed is 40, to make a 10X10 map (to save resourses on my 5yr old laptop) seem like a 12x12... there should be 5 maps total, maybe less... so i can change the sky/weather/ambiance for each area... this is a story/quest, not a bang bang shoot um up...
northstar

Post by northstar »

chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

these are some pretty good screenies, but I think you need more of a transition between the two land areas, that doesn't look realistic.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!