Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

RPG Express 2.7.1

Have any cool screenshots and/or projects to show off? Post your content here!
(If you need somewhere to post your images, why not use our gallery?)
northstar
Name: steven

Re: RPG Express 2.7.1

Post by northstar »

(smile)... thats very kind of you Wind...

todays project more autograsses on one map... not quite sure which way to approach this... but thats never stopped me b4 (smile)

northstar

Post by northstar »

i'll be putting bindkeys back in too... of course it needs to be reworked, but so it goes...

probably put in editbindkeys too...

northstar

Post by northstar »

another little little... i hated going thru 8,416 menus just to change my blend brush, i'll probably put the heightmap brushes on a quickedit tab too...

thats what i like about the old menu system... if you don't like it... change it!

Wind Astella
Name: Nik Mirza
IRC Username: windastella

Post by Wind Astella »

Keep up the good work. I would love to donate a custom character for this project and maybe more. Just keep on going ^^
northstar

Post by northstar »

well, it will be awhile b4 i get to that moment in time... but it would be like a soft breeze on a warm summers day... it is a fine offer, i would be honored...

btw... do you use blender?... i have a 2.66+ md5 plugin for that release... haven't tried it yet, let alone tried it in 2.7+ releases... i usually used fbx for modeling

ns
Wind Astella
Name: Nik Mirza
IRC Username: windastella

Post by Wind Astella »

I had upgraded to 2.7+ a few week ago and it seem the iqm script still work so far with it. Btw I prefer iqm format over md5 since it is technically made by the creator of the engine. fbx is unsupported in SB for now. I recommend for you to familiarize yourself with iqm format.
northstar

Post by northstar »

well i'm about ready to start... express snap, crackles and pops along at 80mb to start (stripped)... src is down to 90 warnings from 350 (mostly in rpg which i haven't started yet)... the levels are blocked out and ready for textures and models... the menu system is tweaked to my liking (but not complete yet)... folders are organized well enuf... gameplay drafted and laid out... and i will get to games when i get to games...

ment to be old style rpg, a few critters, puzzles, and potions ... semi-liniar with the options (maybe) of a simplified hero (just levels and health etc without all the algorithms) or complex... wizards and bad guys... ( concat (but no betrayals) (i never liked them) )... not fancy fancy, but a bit better than just functional in detail...

and the adventure begins...

EDIT:
i've decided to stay "truer" to platinum arts and use the default game with my little tweaks in a changelog and keep the game the game, and the src/menus the src/menus... they really are two different aspects of game making... and if mike returns to the 2.7.1 gui (my birthday is coming up soon :) ), it will be easier to move my game to the newer version...
northstar

Post by northstar »

let's make a game...

northstar

Post by northstar »

i hope our hero can see grey on grey...

lets go to town...

i wonder if the blacksmith can help me in someway...

i am easing the player into the game gently... don't worry, it will get harder as the game goes on...
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Looks absolutely awesome!! I can't wait to play it! :D
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!