Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Dark Tunnels

Have any cool screenshots and/or projects to show off? Post your content here!
(If you need somewhere to post your images, why not use our gallery?)
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Re: Dark Tunnels

Post by arcones »

This project is on hold until further notice.

At this point, I honestly do not have the time to complete this game as it would require all of my attention to even go somewhere with it. Instead, I'll focus on learning the RPG scripting and create a small prototype demo with the RPG mode so that I have a grasp of that. Once I can show to myself that I actually know something about this engine, then I'll focus on making a true game. Whether that's Dark Tunnels, or another project, I don't know. I'm beginning to get the impression that I would need to move on from Sandbox in order to finish Dark Tunnels (perhaps I'd use Unity?) but I definitely want to create an RPG with Sandbox, and at the very least, that is what I'll focus on from now on.

I'll do my best to whip up some screenshots once I've got the idea down for the prototype. Thanks guys!
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
AbstractLord
Name: Dave
IRC Username: Above

Post by AbstractLord »

arcones wrote:
This project is on hold until further notice.

At this point, I honestly do not have the time to complete this game as it would require all of my attention to even go somewhere with it. Instead, I'll focus on learning the RPG scripting and create a small prototype demo with the RPG mode so that I have a grasp of that. Once I can show to myself that I actually know something about this engine, then I'll focus on making a true game. Whether that's Dark Tunnels, or another project, I don't know. I'm beginning to get the impression that I would need to move on from Sandbox in order to finish Dark Tunnels (perhaps I'd use Unity?) but I definitely want to create an RPG with Sandbox, and at the very least, that is what I'll focus on from now on.

I'll do my best to whip up some screenshots once I've got the idea down for the prototype. Thanks guys!
That's a real pity. DT had some creative attributes. I hope you succeed sooner or later with it.
arcones
Support Team
Support Team

Post by arcones »

I appreciate the interest! Perhaps I'll get to it one day or another :)
AbstractLord
Name: Dave
IRC Username: Above

Post by AbstractLord »

Eventually. Maybe then Cork will be a god at music.
cork279
Name: Corey
IRC Username: cork279

Post by cork279 »

AbstractLord wrote:Eventually. Maybe then Cork will be a god at music.
Hehe. I practice every day :D
If I compare my first track, to my latest, the difference is huge... The music I made for Dark Tunnels is even quite old now compared to my newer music :P

By the way, Arcones, is the download for Dark Tunnels on the first post updated to the latest version, or is it an old download?
My latest track: Odyssey

Soundcloud - Youtube - ModDB
arcones
Support Team
Support Team

Post by arcones »

AbstractLord wrote:Eventually. Maybe then Cork will be a god at music.
Yup ;D
cork279 wrote:By the way, Arcones, is the download for Dark Tunnels on the first post updated to the latest version, or is it an old download?
It's the old one, there never was a REALLY good map for DT. Just a lot of conceptual stuff.

By the way, close to 400 downloads on the two maps :)