Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Can I Use SandBox Maps For My Game

Discussion of things not related to Sandbox
vidorisd
Name: keldon

Can I Use SandBox Maps For My Game

Post by vidorisd »

:geek: Hey I am making a game of my own with some friends i wonder if i can make a map on sandbox and use it for my game if i give u guys credit for the mapmaking software in the credits??? u can post replies but the best way to reach me is by emailing me i check it every day it is kyahne14@gmail.com (open to public dont care who knows it) or u can replie to me but i only come to this site once a week to check for updates so plz let me know we r behind production for this reason map making takes to much programming and this will cut some of the work down so reply soon plz it will help us so much :!: ... bye :?:
vidorisd
Name: keldon

Re: Can I Use SandBox Maps For My Game

Post by vidorisd »

i go to vidor independant school district and because me and my friends we got them started in using sandbox so i made an account for them to use (also me this account) so plz reply soon thnx and bye
BlackGulf
Name: Trevor
IRC Username: BlackGulf

Post by BlackGulf »

you can use them they are free maps that come with the engine, but you cannot sell the game if you are you are using any sandbox maps or textures.

Current Project
The Adventures Of NotaPig

Models Image
Maps Image
Coding Image
Textures Image
Music and SFX Image

In Need Of Staff.
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

actually, you could sell a game made with Sandbox, allowing that all the content (e.g. textures, models) follow certain licensing requirements. If a texture license says that it's not to be sold commercially (or used in a product sold commercially), then you can't use it in a map in the game. Understand?
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
MOVIEMAKE
Name: John

Post by MOVIEMAKE »

all you have to do is replace all the textures and models with your own.