Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Is this game dead?

Discussion of things not related to Sandbox
esequiel14

Is this game dead?

Post by esequiel14 »

I'm trying to return to use PAS like before but everything looks so dead the forum, the PAS youtube channel, the PAS webpages its this project dead? If not what are you guy planing to do to return the players to this game? Are you guys planning to have a working server like sauerbraten? if so when can we expect this?

I don't want to waste my time on something without future. Please do something to save PAS before it dies even more.
check out my video tutorials and sandbox coolest maps in http://www.youtube.com/user/Esequiel14
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Re: Is this game dead?

Post by Runescapedj »

I don't know what they are doing now, apart from that they are not working on the RPG mode anymore (we now use the current one for Kelgar)
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

esequiel14 wrote:is this project dead
possibly dying, or just at a record-setting low for traffic. Honestly, I haven't seen anybody significant lately beyond you two and Hirato, with Tyche loyally monitoring daily. Leo was supposed to be making a comeback some time ago, but it appears he's forgotten about it. Haven't seen Arcones or any other support teamers as well. I'll check in maybe every other day but I don't post usually because I'm unable to properly answer any questions, due to the various significant changes made in the last 3 updates. I haven't even seen Mike in a while as well, which is sad - I don't know what his plans are for Sandbox, other than hopefully continuing its advancement as a child-friendly game engine. I believe that Water Wars was poorly received, and so he's removed it in the latest "School" Edition.
Runescapedj wrote:apart from that they are not working on the RPG mode anymore (we now use the current one for Kelgar)
Not necessarily, I think Hirato might still be working on it, he's branched it out into a standalone personal project called "Lamiae" (https://github.com/hirato/lamiae).

In general, yes, Sandbox may be dying, but I don't think Mike will just let it die... maybe there will be a development hiatus until he can figure out what he wants to happen in the future and if he can find more people able to contribute to the program.

On another note, I feel like a lot of former members who aren't caught up with stuff IRL and are still developing have likely moved to other game engines, such as Unity or Torque3D.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

Yes, we are using 'Lamiae' for Kelgar now, but I think it's about the final version of it, I've heard that there won't be coming any major updates for it anymore.
I don't know what Mike will be doing, but I don't have much hope for PAS atm
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

I told mike I'll keep merging patches into sandbox as long as it remains easy to do so from Lamiae.
There has been extensive changes in the SVN but I'm not really helping it get whipped into shape for the release of 3.0.0.

Lamiae is on hiatus for the next few weeks, I have a lot of thingies and stuffies to do, including exam preparation :/
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
esequiel14

Post by esequiel14 »

Dead! dead I tell you... All those thousands of hours wasted making maps hoping for one day I could actually make a game with this program...

check out my video tutorials and sandbox coolest maps in http://www.youtube.com/user/Esequiel14
GoBologna120
Name: Tim
IRC Username: GoBologna

Post by GoBologna120 »

Wow. I certainly chose the wrong time to come back. :(
Yay. ^_^