Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Making NPC's move and attack

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
James Payne
Name: James

Making NPC's move and attack

Post by James Payne »

Hey guys! I am a participating in a competition of making a game using Platinum Arts Sandbox. And I have lots of questions about the scripting part. These are my question:

1. How to make NPC to move around in an area? (RPG MODE)
2. How to make NPC or models that can attack us? (RPG MODE)
3. How to get rid of the tab menu which is consist character, inventory and all that?
4. How to create my own self of menu showing just only the spells or inventory?
5. How to get rid of the health bar, mana bar and the white bar?
6. How to show thirdperson in the begining of the game?

Please help me to answer this as fast as possible! Please help! Guys! Please help! :cry:
Last edited by Leo_V117 on April 24th, 2010, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed the title to reflect the post.
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Re: Help!

Post by arcones »

First off, please don't name you thread "Help!" as it doesn't help us understand your problem. Something like, "Making NPC's move and attack" would be excellent. Thanks 8-)

Anyway:
1. I'd seriously recommend looking at Master Chef Ogro. The reason: Most of the coding in that was done by High School students I'm pretty sure. It will have the code you need.
2. Again, Master Chef Ogro. That has coding for pretty much everything! ;)
3. Are you talking about the inventory in RPG when you hit "Tab" in edit mode? If so, that only appears in edit mode and you can code your own for playing.
4. Look at this: Shop Script and Inventory And if you're having trouble with that, look at Gobologna's: The Factory This script is very easy to understand and includes part of a quest.
5. Wow that's tough stuff there... I don't know for sure, but I'm believe the only way to get rid of that, is to take the code out of the Sandbox Engine. And if you don't know what you're doing, that could be a recipe for disaster. The engine is coded in C++ BTW.
6. Once again, I'm pretty sure it's coding. I'll pass this question on to the more experienced Sandbox members tho' as I'm not too sure of how to do that. :)
Hope that helps!
Arc :geek:

EDIT: The scripting language to use in Sandbox is Cubescript! Have fun! ;)
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
James Payne

Post by James Payne »

Oh!Sorry for the topic i post cause in my mind there is only one thought that is "HELP"... XD BTW, Thank so much! But i had opened the .cfg of Master Chef Ogro but i cant understand or determine which one is the script to let the NPC move around and attack... The tab menu i refer to is the menu with "Character", "Inventory", "Spells" and "Effect", as i dun need these things, better off i remove it. I saw people remove it and replace it with a box much simple which showing health, spells and all that. Refer to No.5, in the game Master Chef Ogro there is no white bar there... I wonder i can get rid of it also... I dun even know which one is the code in the engine, impossible for me to take it out i think... Thanks for ur help! Sincerely! XD
arcones
Support Team
Support Team

Post by arcones »

No problem!
James Payne wrote:But i had opened the .cfg of Master Chef Ogro but i cant understand or determine which one is the script to let the NPC move around and attack...
Hmm, I'm gonna pass on this one as I haven't taken time to look into MCO myself. Damiandj, GR1M, Leo, Hirato? Any of you guys want to help?
James Payne wrote:The tab menu i refer to is the menu with "Character", "Inventory", "Spells" and "Effect", as i dun need these things, better off i remove it.
Are you in RPG mode? Because that type of Menu is only in RPG mode when you are editing. So it doesn't affect your game play!
James Payne wrote:I saw people remove it and replace it with a box much simple which showing health, spells and all that.
Could you tell me where you have seen these pic's or menu's? That would help a lot!
James Payne wrote:Refer to No.5, in the game Master Chef Ogro there is no white bar there... I wonder i can get rid of it also... I dun even know which one is the code in the engine, impossible for me to take it out i think...
As for no white bar etc. etc., the students who created MCO coded they're own health bar into the game! So coding is how you would accomplish this. I just use the health and mana bar's because I don't want to take the time to code my own, and they're already there. :)
James Payne wrote:Thanks for ur help! Sincerely! XD
No problem James!
Hope that helps!
James Payne

Post by James Payne »

Very kind of u Arc! XD Erm... Yes i am in RPG mode, I wish to get rid of those menu because i dun wanna let it to appear in my game... It looks weird... Erm... Sorry for i cant manage to show u what i have seen cause the game is created by others and i cant download it. It is kinda menu that shows simple status like ur health etc. It is just like the menu when u hit "tab" in Master Chef Ogro. It had already replaced the "Character", "Inventory", "Spells" and "Effects" menu. Can u teach how to code to let the white bar disppear? And also the green box if can? Sorry for my dumbness! Very grateful that u willing to help me Arc! XD
Obsidian
Former Staff
IRC Username: Katana

Post by Obsidian »

arcones wrote:First off, please don't name you thread "Help!" as it doesn't help us understand your problem. Something like, "Making NPC's move and attack" would be excellent. Thanks 8-)
Ah, you beat me to it. :)

James, would you please edit the topic title by editing your first post, so that it complies with this rule regarding descriptive topic titles? I'd appreciate it. ;)
うるさいうるさいうるさい!

github: https://github.com/damianb/
arcones
Support Team
Support Team

Post by arcones »

James Payne wrote:Yes i am in RPG mode, I wish to get rid of those menu because i dun wanna let it to appear in my game... It looks weird... Erm... Sorry for i cant manage to show u what i have seen cause the game is created by others and i cant download it.
That's okay. I would say that the only way to get rid of it for your game would be to lock the edit mode so that the people who play your game, won't be able to edit anything. It will also take out that menu. As for the green menu, you can change the color of it. In options I believe, when you first start Sandbox.
James Payne wrote:It is kinda menu that shows simple status like ur health etc. It is just like the menu when u hit "tab" in Master Chef Ogro. It had already replaced the "Character", "Inventory", "Spells" and "Effects" menu. Can u teach how to code to let the white bar disppear?
Unfortunately, I don't know enough to help you with that. There are others though who can help with that! I just hope the reply!
James Payne wrote:And also the green box if can? Sorry for my dumbness! Very grateful that u willing to help me Arc! XD
You're definitely not dumb man! :) I had some questions like that as well when I first started! ;) (As for the green box, look at the first answer! 8-) )
I'm glad I can help you James!

(Obsidian: :P Yep, I figure, I'm helping people, so I might as well do as much as I can! :) )
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Re: Making NPC's move and attack

Post by Leo_V117 »

Hm.... Replacing the Icons I can do.... I have some pretty awesom ones for Sandbox... Hold on while I grab the folder full of them for you...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uwg3jt

In the zip folder theres a new set of Icons, A new Theme, and some new RPG Icons. Just Install it Straight into sandbox.
James Payne

Post by James Payne »

Thanks Arc! But how to lock the edit mode? And pardon... how to remove the green box again? XD Thanks for ur help Arc!
James Payne

Re: Making NPC's move and attack

Post by James Payne »

Thanks to Leo too! XD