Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

how does player input text/audio

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
blackbear
Name: Ati

how does player input text/audio

Post by blackbear »

Hello

I consulted the FAQ and help page, and could not get an answer, so apologies if this question is already covered

I would like to make a game where players can add text to a text box or through other means in the game, as part of what the game is about. The game objective is it teaches you how we create our reality, and how to change it through our beliefs and definitions, and it is important for the player to be able to input feedback whether audio recording, text input or drawing

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Best regards

Blackbear

OS- XP version running 2.3
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: how does player input text/audio

Post by Mike »

I understand that you want to be able to input text in game, but what do you want the result to be? What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
blackbear
Name: Ati

Post by blackbear »

Hi Mike

Thanks for the quick reply.

The objective of inputting the text is for the player to be assisted in changing their beliefs and reality, with a series of questions asked in the quest of the player. The text from the player would allow the player to put their thoughts on paper so to speak, and to be very clear on why they are creating a belief or reality as they were. The text would then need to be saved, for reference, and as a map of where they have been and how they have progressed. I would also like to have video clips or audio clips ( mp3 ) as unlocks and bonuses once they complete a quest. It would be awesome to see support for a mindmap plugin, but support for inputting decent amount of text to help the player along would be good enough

best regards

pete
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

I'll have to look into mindmap but you can already give characters several options for dialog and have it go to other dialog and/or trigger sound. Check out village for a rough example but you can get much more complicated than that. Check out the adding characters part of the FAQ and the old village.cfg for a basic idea of how it is done:
http://sandboxgamemaker.com/wiki/index.php?title=FAQ

Take care!
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!