Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Stupid Question?

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
johnno56
Name: John

Stupid Question?

Post by johnno56 »

Mike,

Forgive me if this question sounds stupid. If and when I finish a map(s), how do I submit them for review/testing/critique?

Regards

J
May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Stupid Question?

Post by Mike »

Webpages such as imageshack are usually used by people to show off their images. If you need filehost, megaupload and rapidshare are popular choices. Also I would be more than happy to host your images and files so let me know if you need help.

Works in progress get posted in the works in progress section, and when you think you might have something that might be worth being included in sandbox, put it in the custom submission forum. Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
Obsidian
Former Staff
IRC Username: Katana

Post by Obsidian »

Mike wrote:Webpages such as imageshack are usually used by people to show off their images. If you need filehost, megaupload and rapidshare are popular choices. Also I would be more than happy to host your images and files so let me know if you need help.

Works in progress get posted in the works in progress section, and when you think you might have something that might be worth being included in sandbox, put it in the custom submission forum. Take care.
-mike
I'm not sure, but I do think the board has attachment uploading enabled, and this server has imagemagick. If you upload images, imagemagick will try to automatically create a thumbnail of the image. :)
うるさいうるさいうるさい!

github: https://github.com/damianb/
Mudman
Name: Jon Scott

Post by Mudman »

I can't get rid of the sparkling points that say "mapmodel" or "particals" out of edit mode.
How do I correct this?
johnno56
Name: John

Post by johnno56 »

Mudman,

I have not been using Sandbox for very long, but one thing I did pick, is to be able to delete unwanted models.

In Edit Mode all I did was to point the mouse and click. I would then notice in the bottom left corner of the screen which model was selected. Sometimes models can be quite close and would take a few attempts to select the one that I wanted. Once selected, I would use the Backspace key to remove it. Sometimes, if the model was in contact with another surface, that section of the surface would delete as well. I found if that happened, I would press "U" to undo the last action performed. The last action being the removal of the surface. I think the removal order is the selected mapmodel THEN the surface it is attached to. (not too sure about that) At times if the model was too close to anything else, I would select it and hold down the left mouse button then move the model away from the other models with the mouse (you may have to use the mouse wheel at the same time as well) , then press Backspace to remove it.

I am sure that there is a simpler way that the other forum members may have found, but that is the way I do it.

I hope this helps.

Regards

J
May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.
CollegeforKids
Restricted User
Name: Caitlin

Post by CollegeforKids »

If you're having problems with blue sparklies and names out of edit mode, then SAVE YOUR MAP and type in /sp (name of your map)

What happened is somehow you've got yourself stuck in co-op mode (the sp you typed in stands for single player) For some reason in this mode, sparkles and names don't go away and entities don't work. Next time you load a map make sure your game mode is on single player.
Mudman

Post by Mudman »

[/quote]What happened is somehow you've got yourself stuck in co-op mode (the sp you typed in stands for single player) For some reason in this mode, sparkles and names don't go away and entities don't work. Next time you load a map make sure your game mode is on single player.[/quote]

Thanks! Works great.
I was also wondering where I could find a questing template(if one exists)and instructions on how to set up quests.
I seem to have quite a knack for creating enviorments,but it seems stupid without any sort of goals.
GoBologna120
Name: Tim
IRC Username: GoBologna

Post by GoBologna120 »

I'd check out the .cfg for the village map.
Yay. ^_^
Mudman

Post by Mudman »

I'm already using village.cfg and I find it sorta confusing.Time for some o that good ol trial and error I guess.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Check the FAQ. I put in a more simple version of the village.cfg and also the save the princess cfg and talked about the process of doing the quests. Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!