Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

I want to Run 2.6.1 on a Mac with OS X 10.6.7

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
ticker
Name: Tom
IRC Username: none

I want to Run 2.6.1 on a Mac with OS X 10.6.7

Post by ticker »

I'm trying to run the Multiplatform version of 2.6.1 on a Mac OS X 10.6.7 system: doesn't work properly because textures and custom maps don't load if you launch from the Mac Launcher (designed for earlier sandbox versions). I've also tried building and running the binary from XCode but the error that comes up says the OS I'm using can'r run the code.

Has anyone successfully run 2.6.1 on a Mac running Snow Leopard yet? If so, mind sharing your wisdom with the rest of us? (or pointing me to a response where this was already dealt with?)

Thanks in advance. - ticker
kgklimyriad
Name: Liam Usher
IRC Username: klimyriad

Re: I want to Run 2.6.1 on a Mac with OS X 10.6.7

Post by kgklimyriad »

First of all have you got a PPC or Intel mac.
Owner of IK-Soft, IK Software Netowork, IK Software, IK Software Hosting, IK Software Network

IK Software is Working on a game called Mazer find it at http://ik-soft.co.uk/mazer.html or on these forums at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3268 (Making with PAS)
ticker
Name: Tom
IRC Username: none

Re: I want to Run 2.6.1 on a Mac with OS X 10.6.7

Post by ticker »

Good question, kgklimyriad. It's a Macbook pro running an Intel chip. I've got the latest version of XCode and I've downloaded the source file as an XCode project. Doesn't want to build and run. Now what?
I've been able to run Sandbox 2.3 by using the OSX Launcher (9Mb version), but all my recent maps were developed for 2.6.1 on the PC side of my Macbook - running from Bootcamp.
- ticker