Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Slow performance in Big Maps

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
Creatorrookie
Name: John

Slow performance in Big Maps

Post by Creatorrookie »

When ever I open huge maps (saved) everything goes slower when ever the screen has to show alot of things at one time. The screen seems to move faster when not alot of things are not in view. If I create a map (size 10+) and add grass, everthing goes slower immediately. When I look at videos made by people from the sandbox, their maps are very large and have so many items in it and go fast! How do I fix this problem?
The rookie in sandbox... :)
GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Re: Slow performance in Big Maps

Post by GR1M »

Update your graphics card or get a new computer like me :)

There's also options to turn off water shaders that will help the performance and other things to check it out.
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo
Obsidian
Former Staff
IRC Username: Katana

Post by Obsidian »

Creatorrookie wrote:When ever I open huge maps (saved) everything goes slower when ever the screen has to show alot of things at one time. The screen seems to move faster when not alot of things are not in view. If I create a map (size 10+) and add grass, everthing goes slower immediately. When I look at videos made by people from the sandbox, their maps are very large and have so many items in it and go fast! How do I fix this problem?
You may need to check to see if your drivers are up-to-date, and try to optimize your system by cleaning up unnecessary background tasks.
うるさいうるさいうるさい!

github: https://github.com/damianb/
GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Post by GR1M »

That may work some of the time but didn't work for me i did all that, So I'm going to buy a new PC
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Use cubes to break up how much your computer can see. Solid geometry like the cubes breaks up what the computer can see. The computer sees right through things such as grass and map models, even if you don't. Also /remip is your friend as it makes the cubes as big as they possibly can be without wrecking your map, which is a huge performance increase if you were using small cubes. Take care!
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!