Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Movie Recorder Working But No Movie

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
mmboyajian
Name: Melissa

Movie Recorder Working But No Movie

Post by mmboyajian »

Hello,

I downloaded Platinum Arts Sandbox version 2.7.1. I am using a MacBook Pro 10.5.8. I have tried using the movie recorder from the menu settings as well as typing "movie filename" "movie" to record. I have also played around with the height and width of my movie. The movie recorder seems to be working as I can see the prompt counting up in the bottom right corner after the recording has begun and then when I type "movie" a prompt reads in top left that the recording has been halted and reads how many frames I have recorded. However, when I navigate to the "my stuff" folder there are no avi files there. I have also searched my computer and there is no file name found. Is there something extra I need to add to my downloaded software or is there something in the menu preferences I am missing? Thank you for your time and I promise I have looked through the threads and have not found my particular problem. I apologize if I missed it somewhere.

Thanks again,

Melissa :)
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Re: Movie Recorder Working But No Movie

Post by arcones »

Did you stop the movie before you exited Sandbox? That might be a problem. Otherwise it may be the fact you're running on a Mac.
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Just a stupid guess, maybe Macs don't/can't use the file format Sandbox saves in (which I think is .avi - Apple's Quicktime uses .mov format, if I remember).
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
mmboyajian
Name: Melissa

Post by mmboyajian »

Hi,

Thanks for responding. That makes sense if the movies export as AVI files. Unfortunately, I don't think I can use Sandbox then because what I am interested in is making the game environment to export as movie files and pull into a video art project I am making. Thanks!

Melissa
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Post by Leo_V117 »

You may need to stop the recording before closing sandbox. This does occasionally happen.