Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Master server error (URGENT)

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
Rebelion101
Name: Timothy

Master server error (URGENT)

Post by Rebelion101 »

I'm sorry but i'm really annoyed right now, The master server cannot be found or blab blab blab it's annoyed you sed when you released 2.4 that the internet thing would work it DOESN"T! if theres something i'm doing rong PPPLLLLZZZZ telll mee:
I start the game in FPS go Multiplayer, Server list, update servers, error message.
i attempt to start the game thru server. don't work
i try using client it starts but shows the error message PLZ HELP!
Rebelion101
Name: Timothy

Re: Master server error (URGENT)

Post by Rebelion101 »

don't give me a annoying spilt either i don't care if i'm in the rong part of the forum JUST GIVE ME AN ANSWER! me and my friend haven't been able to find out the problem ourselves
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

the problem is simple.
Our current host doesn't allow custom files to be executed. for what reason I don't know, and this completely disallows us from having a masterserver.
I mean if we could ssh in, just run the file, and redirect requests there, it'd be great, but at the moment we can't...

we've been trying to get another host, but they're all having troubles running it...
which is just strange, I had none what so ever with the linux and windows (run via wine) binaries
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

For now just follow the coop editing guide in the wiki so you can do MP. You don't need the master server to have a server, that just makes it easier for other people to see it. Also I would suggest changing your tone when asking questions. Even though you are upset, that is no reason to be disrespectful and abrasive. We work on this project with our own free time. If you are so frustrated over the problem, why don't you help us out? Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!