Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

parallax texturing

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
northstar
Name: steven

parallax texturing

Post by northstar »

ok... back from my week in UDK... now, i'm having problems with loosing all my lighting (color) when trying to work with my bump/parallax/spec etc textures... seems i've tried every systematic way... well except one... to get my textures to lighten back up... the depth is fine, looks good... its just... too dark...
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Re: parallax texturing

Post by Runescapedj »

to fix that you can either put your brightness and/or your gamma up, or you can increase the ambient lighting
northstar

Post by northstar »

yeah, i guess thats the only way... (sigh)... i'll have to find a nice balance so i dont wash out the others... but hey... it works... thanx... (smile)
northstar

Post by northstar »

then there is the other possibility... the software bugs... i was putting everything in correctly, and just get the dark image... until i put one tile in backwards, i put the normal in after the height... and the software spotted my mistake and switched it, and whalla... it worked... and now that the neuron pathway is established, it seems to be working better... but some tiles just dont take normals well... but nevertheless... we trudge onwards!!!! (chuckle)