Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Questions

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
Chaze007
Name: William
IRC Username: Chaze007

Questions

Post by Chaze007 »

Hey guys, I have a few simple questions for sandbox.

RPG:
1. Is it possible to open a door, via lever?
2. Is it possible to have a "keys" system, where if you have a key, you can open a locked door?
3. Is it possible to make movable objects, or at least make them move via code or something?
4. We can trigger sounds if a player goes to a certain area right?
5. As for teleports, how would I change some of the effects? Like the blue teleport looking particle when you teleport.

Engine:
1. How hard would it be to change the HUD, to display clickable items in your invintory (like MMO hotkeys)

-School time, I'll be back to finish.-
siimvuss
Name: S
IRC Username: S

Re: Questions

Post by siimvuss »

rpg:
1. yes
2. I think you can do it with level triggers but im not sure
3. I think you can make them like bots... so they move the path you set them with waypoints.
4. right
5.just change the mapmodel you use for teleport... That is done by pressing f3 and selecting the mapmodel you want... If you set the mapmodel you´re using to -1 it will be invisible and you can just put a regular model or particle on it (that is useful so your teleport wont spin all the time :D)
engine
1.what do you mean exactly? I dont really understand it... But im 90% sure that its because i dont know enough :D
Chaze007

Post by Chaze007 »

as for #3, I meant like statues, that you can push, or something related.
as for #5, I mean the weird sound it makes - and the blue particles you see when you teleport.

as for #1 on engine. I mean like a few boxes at the lower center, where you can click to equip/use item.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

1. Is it possible to open a door, via lever? Absolutely
2. Is it possible to have a "keys" system, where if you have a key, you can open a locked door? Yep
3. Is it possible to make movable objects, or at least make them move via code or something? Depends what you mean but boxes can be moved if they are shot, though since we don't have a way to shoot them yet, they don't move. I'm sure this will change in the future :)
4. We can trigger sounds if a player goes to a certain area right? Yep! and skyboxes, music, etc
5. As for teleports, how would I change some of the effects? Like the blue teleport looking particle when you teleport. Yes though that would be source side, as in not through scripting.

Take care!
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
Chaze007

Post by Chaze007 »

is there anyway to make something move by code?

like "Move box left" and it'll move..?