Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Connecting machines over a network - problems

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
MrJCBridge
Name: Jim

Connecting machines over a network - problems

Post by MrJCBridge »

Hi,

I'm new to Sandbox (only just discovered it yesterday) but I'm really impressed and am thinking of using it at my school (I'm an IT Teacher.). Before it's worth really trying anything though I want to make sure I know how to set up multi-player.

Now i'm testing it at home using my desktop and laptop which are connected via my router. Both can see and speak to each other (I've pinged in both directions using the IP addresses) and I've enabled the ports mentioned on the help page I found.

However when I run it and put in the relevant server and client details into the launcher the program is getting no farther. The server runs fine (just starts up in edit mode) but the client can't connect to the server as it doesn't appear to see it.

Any help would be good thanks. I'm using the latest Windows version that I downloaded yesterday.

thanks.
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Re: Connecting machines over a network - problems

Post by kddekadenz »

You should sent Hirato a PM, since he is the lead developer of Sandbox ;)
Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

semi-correction, you should email Mike (the project lead of Sandbox, he kind of tells everyone else what to do) at PlatinumArts@gmail.com. Well, at least you should contact mike if you're gonna take it to school.

As for the router thing, sure, you could try PMing Hirato, but he's usually pretty busy developing. Maybe he'll answer here.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
lisaa
Name: lisaa

Post by lisaa »

It definitely work :D
We provide guarantee to pass 70-336 with online exam training Braindumps.com and Nova Southeastern University you can also get coloradotech.edu along with pba for your guaranteed success.