Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Cannot open Saved Game!

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
Magnolia
Name: Martin

Cannot open Saved Game!

Post by Magnolia »

I can successfully save my RPG game when I hit F1 to exit editing mode, but it won't save as my specified name. However, that's the least of my problems.
I started using PAS yesterday and I enjoyed it alot. I made a nice bridge with a nice house and was pretty happy with the result. I saved, and exited. When I decided to edit some more, I opened up and tried to load my save. Didn't work.
I started making another map and I've spent most of the day making it. I decided not to exit from fear of not being able to reload it, but the worst possible thing happened: the client crashed!

Now, I REALLY do not want to start over again, so is there any fix to this issue?

I'm going to add 2 pictures as well, to describe it better.

And

Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Re: Cannot open Saved Game!

Post by Leo_V117 »

Don't use the "save game" option to save your maps. Go to the editing menu, and under "misc" there should be a "save map as" option. Use this feature.

Screenshot:
Map Source: &quot;krs/jump_n&quot;<br />Version: 3.0.0 (2.8- applicable)<br />( NewUI Gold - Artist: Leo_V117 )
Map Source: "krs/jump_n"
Version: 3.0.0 (2.8- applicable)
( NewUI Gold - Artist: Leo_V117 )
== EDIT ==
Alternatively, you could use the following:

Code: Select all

/savemap [folder]/[mapname]
Magnolia

Post by Magnolia »

Thanks. I managed to find a save of my game this time, but still cannot open. How would I go about doing this other than using the "load" option? When I tried loading the save (the only one there) in the loader option, the same thing happened as seen in picture 2 again.
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Post by Leo_V117 »

Ignore the save game and load game options in the main menu, those don't save the map you're in... At All.

When saving a map, use the "Editing" menu to save (under MISC or use code specified (see following))

When loading a map, use the "new game" option.
Magnolia

Post by Magnolia »

Thanks again. I now managed to find my map, but my next problem seems to be that I'm getting "No game in progress" when clicking on it, even though I chose "new game", then went on to the "map" section.
Magnolia

Post by Magnolia »

Actually, nevermind. /map mapname fixed my problem. :)