Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Can you make Geometry move around?

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
Jon
Name: Jonathan Armstrong
IRC Username: Jon

Can you make Geometry move around?

Post by Jon »

Is it possible to make geometry move around by itself in PAS? Like maybe for making a door or moving platform?

PS: I'm using version 2.8.1 on Windows XP.
Dozer
Name: DJ

Re: Can you make Geometry move around?

Post by Dozer »

I am using 2.7.1 and as far as I am aware in my version it can only be done by using mapmodels such as the doors and elevator platform. If you don't like the generic mapmodels you would have to create your own mapmodel with animations. You can use the free program Blender from blender.org It is quite confusing at first but if you spend a day watching tutorials it will not be a day wasted once you start making your own models such as characters and doors. Like I said I am using 2.7.1 so I am not quite sure if 2.8.1 has the option you are looking for.
Wind Astella
Name: Nik Mirza
IRC Username: windastella

Re: Can you make Geometry move around?

Post by Wind Astella »

You cannot move geometry during gameplay... You can only use mapmodel as platform or elevator