Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Trying to learn the game coding for quests

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
Dozer
Name: DJ

Trying to learn the game coding for quests

Post by Dozer »

Hello I am diving into the art of coding for the Sandbox and I am looking for several simple quests codes to compare so I can try to replicate the similarities and create my own quest code within the same parameters. Yesterday I tried my hand at dialogue boxes and I was quite successful after a few trial and error codes. It would be greatly appreciated if you include a //for abbreviation definitions, such as //guibar, I do not know what bar stands for but I do realize that it puts a line break between the guitext and guibuttons. Any sample script will help, I have looked at the village.cfg but even though I could read it and make sense of most of the quest script I still had a hard time learning the step-by-step process of writing the parameters of the quest. Any help will do! Once I learn the basic coding of the Sandbox I plan to make a YouTube series for beginners to Platinum Arts, I plan to show the viewers that the coding may seem intimidating but once you learn the process it can become second nature. I myself already have found muscle memory in writing quest dialogue and I have only written 80 lines or so. Please help me to help others! If this is for kids, let them be able to learn, I'm 23 and I find that Platinum Arts drives my creativity and hunger for mental stimulation. If a 13 year old me had this amount of creativity I would know coding, modeling, and animation. and a *heck* of a lot more than I know now! Share the knowledge so we can show children and adults alike about the learning tool Platinum Arts Sandbox.
-Dozer