Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

2.8.2 issues with doors & lights?

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
scottyblizz
Name: scott

2.8.2 issues with doors & lights?

Post by scottyblizz »

Hi this is my first post so please be nice :mrgreen:

Love the engine so far however I am having 2 issues I could do with some help with at the moment?

The first one is that I cannot get doors to operate, I've been using trigger type "10" (as shown in various tutorial videos) but to no avail.

Secondly when I place a light, even when I have updated lightmap and left edit-mode, the light works but also has the text "light" under it lol. I tried saving my game and loading from main menu (Without edit mode on) but it still shows. Am I missing something?

Thanks guys I'm slowing making my way through old forum posts/tutorials so I'm sorry if this has been covered already!

Scott :)

EDIT

Ok quick update, if I start the editor in "RPG mode" using the BAT file in the root folder I do not get the issue with the lights lol
Wind Astella
Name: Nik Mirza
IRC Username: windastella

Re: 2.8.2 issues with doors & lights?

Post by Wind Astella »

Which version did you use? RPG mode handle thing way differently that FPS mode. Using the trigger with tag and stuff only apply for FPS. For RPG you need to script it. I recommend you to see the door script in the game mystara for RPG.

p/s: the light with name, You're in FPS and in Coop Edit mode. Change the mode to others if you don't want to see the name under the entity.
scottyblizz
Name: scott

Re: 2.8.2 issues with doors & lights?

Post by scottyblizz »

thanks for the quick reply wind astella!

i was using the default mode which i think is FPS as it saves it to mystuff/packages/base/fps?

How do I change the mode from co-op edit mode? Is it just a case of launching with the right parameters via the BAT files in the engine's root folder? RPG mode interests me the most however I was trying to get to know the engine a little better before I try that (i have basic programming experience so the scripting itself shouldn't pose much of a problem, hopefully :P)

thanks again

scott