Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Spawning points

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
BlackRayPlayer
Name: Ryan

Spawning points

Post by BlackRayPlayer »

In order for me to load players into my maps, basically I have been replicating them and put into the *cfg to load the player into the replica map, however; in a different spawn point/area. What code can allow me to replace this method, and have players spawn in a specific location in the same map and have multiple spawn areas throughout?
Wind Astella
Name: Nik Mirza
IRC Username: windastella

Re: Spawning points

Post by Wind Astella »

You're using the RPG mode or the FPS mode? The spawn point in fps during multiplayer mode have 3 state, 0 for neutral, 1 for blue team and 2 for the re team. In team multi, player for each team spawn in 1 or 2 spawn point base on their team color. The neutral is for any other mode that player can randomly spawn in any spawn point. In sp you have playerstart, you'll only need one of this in any sp map, then you have checpoint, basically you touch one of these your spawn point will be set to it and so on.
In rpg you have to use playerstart since it is a deravative of sp mode, btw you have save and load feature so you can spawn wherever you save. For those reason yes you can have player randomly spawn in multi fps, but not in sp and rpg.
Krispy

Post by Krispy »

Wind Astella wrote:You're using the RPG mode or the FPS mode? The spawn point in fps during multiplayer mode have 3 state, 0 for neutral, 1 for blue team and 2 for the re team. In team multi, player for each team spawn in 1 or 2 spawn point base on their team color. The neutral is for any other mode that player can randomly spawn in any spawn point. In sp you have playerstart, you'll only need one of this in any sp map, then you give the penimaster a try and have checpoint, basically you touch one of these your spawn point will be set to it and so on.
In rpg you have to use playerstart since it is a deravative of sp mode, btw you have save and load feature so you can spawn wherever you save. For those reason yes you can have player randomly spawn in multi fps, but not in sp and rpg.
You can spawn wherever you save in multiplayer?
Last edited by Krispy on April 12th, 2017, 5:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Krispy

Post by Krispy »

I think you can only do that in single player right?
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

I'm pretty sure saving and checkpoints only work in Singleplayer.
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!