Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Installation of PAS 2.8.2

Having issues not related to a specific Sandbox game mode? Get help here!
Please also read the rules for support when posting support requests.
Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your topic being locked without resolution.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Installation of PAS 2.8.2

Post by Mike »

We do have a side scroller mode too that I think hirato did put in items and maybe monsters too. If I do an update I actually plan to phase all that out though and stick with one mode. I could put in the monsters to attack and maybe even have some moving "block" monsters or mario-esque. I'm thinking about doing a steam version too and that could definitely be less "kid friendly".

Also I've been in some talks today about Sandbox and discussion about a web based version of Sandbox was brought up. I think it is in an interesting idea and a lot of the work is already done. Kripken is a friend of the project and he already did this:
https://people-mozilla.org/~vladimir/misc/bench-new/

If I can figure out how to fund myself I think Sandbox might be getting a revival in a big way!
-Mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
johnno56
Name: John

Post by johnno56 »

I was searching for PAS videos, and one of the demos, illustrated a side-scroller. It was really good. Makes my attempt look like a crayon drawing. LOL. I will continue with my level, just to see if I can do it, but will probably go no further. It is not logical to 're-invent the wheel'. I may have another look at importing textures and models and hopefully create a more 'interesting' Wolf3D... who knows... could be fun!

J
May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

If you need help with something please let me know :) Whatever features you want are probably in there just need to be worked in properly.
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
johnno56
Name: John

Post by johnno56 »

Many thanks. Much appreciated.

J
May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.