Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Is your school using Sandbox? Let us know!

Do you use Sandbox in your school? Please share your experiences with us!
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Re: Is your school using Sandbox? Let us know!

Post by chocolatepie33 »

in other words, a USB.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Post by Leo_V117 »

chocolatepie33 wrote:
Leo_V117 wrote:I had certain members in my school using PAS. thats a good 50 of them... They liked it, and I used to run PAS from a flash card, as well as Counter Strike 1.6, XPivot, and GIMP 2.
flash card? and is XPivot another spin-off of Pivot (like Stykz)?
Yes... But its much more refined. and a Flash Card is a USB stick.
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

just like Chocolatepie said
Omar199898
Name: Omar A. Kazi
IRC Username: OAKSIF0

Post by Omar199898 »

Sandbox should be more popular and famous. TO MANY KIDS PLAY VIDEO GAMES, AND DON'T EVEN TRY TO FIND A PROGRAM
TO CREATE A VIDEO GAME. I try to convince my friends, and it won't work. Maybe advertizing, just a little bit will help. The beat place to advertize, is on kids websites.
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Omar199898 wrote:TO MANY KIDS PLAY VIDEO GAMES, AND DON'T EVEN TRY TO FIND A PROGRAM
TO CREATE A VIDEO GAME
that's cuz they're lazy, and they just sit back and enjoy them, while us cool guys work our @$$es off to make them.
Save the wiki!
PizzaLover101
Name: NAME
IRC Username: DaItsicle

Post by PizzaLover101 »

Omar199898 wrote:\I try to convince my friends, and it won't work.
I did too, the ones that were interested in game programming. One wont try it cuz it's free >_>
Project 1: Da Chest Collector [TBD]
Project 2: Tis a secret [End of summer] announcement June 22 2011
Project 3: An even bigger secret!

http://pizzagametime.tk/
http://forums.pizzagametime.tk/
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Most of my friends don't like my gaming/(nerdy) side. I have a few who do like sandbox, but they won't get it. Actually, now that I remember it, one of my best buds' older brother-in-law is an actual game designer. I think he made a game for iPhone... which is pretty awesome.
Save the wiki!
d_lockhart
Name: Dawna
IRC Username: Lockhart

Post by d_lockhart »

Hi. My name is Dawna Lockhart. I do not work in a school, but I do work in education. I am a Volunteer tutor for GED students at a community program for at risk teens. Due to confidentiality and HIPPA laws, I am not permitted to state our location or the program name.

Every Christmas, we put on a program for the parents. The clients are required to develop a presentation. Most are terrified of getting up in front of 100+ people, so we usually video something. This past year, we decided to create a PowerPoint slideshow set to music to demonstrate the values and lessons learned through the program. The clients engaged because we made them. They were not excited until the parents saw it. The parents were moved and expressed pride in their children. I think this is the first time some of them ever percieved that their parents were proud. They came back to the program after the short winter break trying to figure out how they will one up themselves next Christmas. Most of those clients have graduated the program, so it's fresh blood trying to one up last year's group. The clients decided they want to build a video game based on the program but poking fun at it in a good humored sort of way. I'm now tasked with finding game builder that will let them do what they want. I think Sandbox should serve that purpose. I have tons of questions about the capabilities of the program and am about to go on a search of the forums to find the answers.

Dawna Lockhart
herron5
Name: Kimberly Herron

Post by herron5 »

I am a 6th grade teacher and have begun using Sandbox with my students this year. I challenge my students to create a game that recreates an ancient civilization displaying what they learn about the civilization into their game. The landscape, building layout, and task in the game all must relate to the civilization. My big question at this time is how can my students link their game into our webpage so that they can share it online in a safe environment?
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

Do you mean for others to download and play? That would simply require the website to be able to host downloads.
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!