Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker 2.8 Feedback

The news hub -- read this stuff first!

Board Rules <-- Please read before posting.
Sean Schleifer
Name: Sean

Re: Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker 2.8 Feedback

Post by Sean Schleifer »

Hmm I'm familiar with pressing M to visually toggle the materials on or off but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I just can't add any material in SSP Mode. Works perfectly fine for RPG, & FPS in 2.8. I'll try another computer or re-download it to make sure it isn't my computer (I'm using one I'm not accustom to) but no matter what map I use when I go to materials and click on the material it does not place it into the map.

Since your talking about the camera. Is there any easy way to adjust the parameters of the camera and get it to work. Every time I pull up the attributes of a camera by bringing up the command line no matter what I do it doesn't seem to affect the camera. It works perfectly fine in the SSP Test map if I adjust the attributes of the camera that has already been created in the map.

Also side note not related to 2.8 but Hirato your an expert when it comes to these things. Do you know if it's possible to run SSP or RPG in the Mac version for 2.7.1? It's not in the launcher and I don't see a separate batch file in any of the directories.

Thanks for your help.
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Post by Hirato »

before you redownload anything, delete your configuration files in my_stuff first.

It's been a very long time since I last touched the SSP code. From what I remember it defaults to the camera entity with a tag of 0.
If such an entity doesn't exist, it simply does not set the camera and it uses the default fallback of I think, yaw 90 pitch 0 with a distance of 100 units.
With entities of other tags, you will need to set them explicitly, and also worth nothing if you add a camera with tag 0, you will need to explicitly set it or at least reload the map.

I don't have a clue about the mac version. The modules should build and run just fine, but...
Mariojinx, a community member, has been doing the mac builds. to my knowledge, Mariojinx has only built the FPS.
That aside, the xcode project and the launcher are both unmaintained and vastly outdated, and no one on the core team cares about mac.
In its present state, it would be best for mac users to get familiar with a virtual machine or dual booting (into Linux of course) if they want to get the most out of sandbox.
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

It isn't that we don't care about Mac, it is that we don't have Macs so not much we can do.
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!