Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Platinum Arts Sandbox 2.8.1 Feedback Forum

The news hub -- read this stuff first!

Board Rules <-- Please read before posting.
reali-tglitch
Name: Chris

Re: Platinum Arts Sandbox 2.8.1 Feedback Forum

Post by reali-tglitch »

There is, so far, one problem I have encountered (I have been using this for years, btw. I am still, however, a complete noob, left to designing worlds, with no knowledge of how to actually make a game):

I, myself, can save my maps just fine. However, my brother (who is here for the holidays) downloaded the game, and he keeps getting the error that says "could not write to /packages/base/fps/[whatever he calls the map].ogz

What can be done about this?

We've tried a lot.
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Re: Platinum Arts Sandbox 2.8.1 Feedback Forum

Post by kddekadenz »

reali-tglitch wrote:There is, so far, one problem I have encountered (I have been using this for years, btw. I am still, however, a complete noob, left to designing worlds, with no knowledge of how to actually make a game):

I, myself, can save my maps just fine. However, my brother (who is here for the holidays) downloaded the game, and he keeps getting the error that says "could not write to /packages/base/fps/[whatever he calls the map].ogz

What can be done about this?

We've tried a lot.
Is he on Windows? He may not be authorized to write in this folder, but the admin.
Try to download the Multiplatform version and extract it for example to your home directory.
Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox