Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Want A Cookie? Support Find Me Coppers - A 3D Treasure Hunt!

The news hub -- read this stuff first!

Board Rules <-- Please read before posting.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Want A Cookie? Support Find Me Coppers - A 3D Treasure Hunt!

Post by Mike »

At Sandbox we've launched our first official commercial project!! Please help support our kickstarter project and earn yourself a cookie!!!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/173 ... -adventure

Our homepage is FindMeCoppers.com

Find Me Coppers is a Treasure Hunting game uwhere you explore five (or more depending on funding) vastly different areas, find secret passages and areas, avoid and escape traps, solve puzzles, and get to be a real adventurer! Think back to the days of hunting for Easter candy, playing Hide and Go Seek or when you'd go out exploring. That is the excitement we want to bring to the game and have interesting areas that keep you wondering what will be around the corner!

Supporting this game is also going to help make improvements to Sandbox itself and help get Sandbox on steam!!
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Re: Want A Cookie? Support Find Me Coppers - A 3D Treasure H

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Mike wrote:help get Sandbox on steam!!
I read a very good discussion about this at either the Xonotic or Warsow forums, and there was something mentioned about how Steam requires a program to make a profit. Is this what we're doing for that to happen?

I'm really liking this move; it should definitely do much to bring about development for Sandbox. I have to ask, however; how much of the concept video was done in Sandbox? I'm liking what I'm seeing, especially the part of the video at the 18 second mark.

What do you have so far in terms of plot and such? Are there any documents or whatnot I could look at in order to learn more about being able to help contribute to this?
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Post by kddekadenz »

At first I want to say that I do like the idea of the developers creating a PAS game. It is a good source of information for users of PAS and may suggest the need of new features.
But I have to criticize the presentation of the project on kickstarter:
  • The logo itself looks good
  • I would offer all people who donate at least 1$ get the game. A lot of people have either few money to spend or few money they want to spend. It would even increase the income, since a lot of people would donate.
  • The personal presentation is lame. It does not excite me.
  • The quote of the pirate is too obvious. That may be how the game works, but it seems amateurish to create a quote which says exactly that. There could be the face of the pirate next to it.
  • The trailer is ok, but not really exciting.
  • Think back to the days of hunting for Easter candy, playing Hide and Go Seek or when you'd go out exploring.
    - If I want to do this I can do this in real life (even if it may seem weird). And this make it seem like it is a game aimed at adults, but created for kids.
  • The introduction is too long, not exciting and has too few images.
I think I covered the important parts.
To sum up, you need :
  • a better design - less text, more images - pirate icons (e.g. pirate, sword, treasure)
  • exciting trailers, which show how exciting the game will be and how excited you are to create it
Oh, you may want to ask this guy, if he composes some music for you: https://soundcloud.com/totraf I think his style really fits the idea.
Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Thank you very much, that is some awesome constructive criticism!
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
kddekadenz
Name: kdd

Post by kddekadenz »

It seems like the kickstarter campaign will be unsuccessful.
That's on the one hand really sad, but on the other hand it was obvious, since it lacked an exciting introduction or concept.
Like I previously wrote it really feels like a game aimed at adults, designed for kids. If you really want to go with such a concept, then advertise it as such!
To be honest, I didn't donate.

I hope the aim of the PAS team to create a game hasn't totally died with this non-success. I still would like to see a game made by the team, since it would likely to attract new members and speed up the process of developing PAS. If you decide to restart, I would offer you help with game design, advertising and constructive criticism. But keep in mind that I do haver other for me more important projects.
Kelgar is an advanced RPG beeing developed in Sandbox
Thunder28X

Post by Thunder28X »

I think it has potential, but I feel the main reason why the kickstarter isn't as much of a success as it could be is because not much people know about PAS in the first place. Don't get me wrong. This IS a good idea, but it's best that this be done in reverse: with PAS being released on Steam first and then do the kickstarter. That way, PAS will be introduced to a vast majority of people, thusly when you do the kickstarter there will be more supporters.