Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Platinum Arts Sandbox Halloween Event October 30th!

The news hub -- read this stuff first!

Board Rules <-- Please read before posting.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Platinum Arts Sandbox Halloween Event October 30th!

Post by Mike »

Please see the update in the top post to this event. I do hope to see some cool Halloween maps and mazes for Friday. Take care!
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
siimvuss
Name: S
IRC Username: S

Post by siimvuss »

So... We have to post our maps before 8pm of thursday the 29th?
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

That's the idea and how things were scheduled before so might as well stick to it unless there is a better idea. Take care!
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
siimvuss
Name: S
IRC Username: S

Post by siimvuss »

I definetly will upload my map, but it might not be as ready as I would´we liked :(
That´s because I have so old computer and it cannot handle my map, so it runs about 5 fps on average :(
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

My comp is pretty old too but it does okay. I guess we'll post our maps in the Custom Content section
EDIT: The Mapping Contest forum is now available for posting your entries in the Halloween Event.

Mine is going up in a matter of minutes. Also there is a model in mine called "MTree" which has an unrestricted license, just make sure you keep the readme in there, but out of the model I made a standalone pumpkin and gravestones for anyone who wants it in their map. Also in my map I set it up so you have to try to find all the pumpkins aka, a little pumpkin hunt :) Anyone is free to replicate that in their maps. You could also use the code from village to "pick up" the pumpkins and have an NPC say when all of them are found.

Take care and I can't wait to see the entries!
-mike
Last edited by Obsidian on October 29th, 2009, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated the link like Mike asked me to do. :P
Obsidian
Former Staff
IRC Username: Katana

Post by Obsidian »

I can actually clear all the maps out of the Contest forum and move them to an archive forum, and we could use the Contest forum if you'd like, Mike.
うるさいうるさいうるさい!

github: https://github.com/damianb/
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

As long as the contest maps are still available to the public that works fine for me. If you do change it please update the links in my post since I won't be around to change it myself. Thanks everyone for participating! Take care.
-mike
Obsidian
Former Staff
IRC Username: Katana

Post by Obsidian »

Okay, I have moved the submissions for the old contest into the Contest Archive forum, and we are now able to use the Mapping Contest forum for posting maps for the Halloween Event.

I will be moving all the topics I have spotted that are for the Halloween Event to the Mapping Contest forum shortly, however if I miss one please let myself, Mike, or Chaze007 know so we can take care of it.
うるさいうるさいうるさい!

github: https://github.com/damianb/
GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Post by GR1M »

Just to let everyone know that I won't be making a Halloween map, school, grandparents and church it’s just all crazy. If it’s alright I’ll make a late Halloween map with devoted time and new models, so sorry guys :( .
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

What models are you looking for? You are more than welcome to use the models from Halloween House and the sounds as well. Take care.
-mike