Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Platinum Arts Sandbox Reloaded

The news hub -- read this stuff first!

Board Rules <-- Please read before posting.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Platinum Arts Sandbox Reloaded

Post by Mike »

This may be an unpopular announcement but I'm going to be getting back to the basics of Cube 2. Hirato is too busy to help with his new job and I'm not that great at coding so I need to do things in a way I understand. What this means is that I am going to be simplifying things greatly. Instead of having all of the different modes I will be having one main codebase which will be the FPS. I will be starting with a very basic version of Cube 2 and then adding in the features from 2.7.x that I like since I am not fond of the 2.8.x menus. I will also be having my kids at school helping out and also I will be removing a lot of content so that the project will be much more lightweight. The focus will be on ease of use for level design, Unity compatibility and support, and some fun features like tag mode and I'm hoping a grappling hook and freeze tag mode that I found in the Cube 2 repository. I hope you understand and will support me. I would be happy to have any help that people would like to offer. You can see the new barebones repo that I have started to put together. It is as basic as you can get but I have a todo list in the documents folder. Thank you for your time! Take care.
-mike

https://github.com/PlatinumArts/Platinu ... r-Reloaded
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
kowrath69
Name: kyle freeman

Re: Platinum Arts Sandbox Reloaded

Post by kowrath69 »

Okay well I'm not one to talk for others but I totally agree with the whole simplification of things regarding the game modes. It makes things better this way if we had 1 mode. Not ssd and rpg mode AND cube too. In my oppinion its ALL THE SAME REALLY. Being the person that I am it makes me sad knowing not many people are joining the ranks of PAS to try and learn SOMETHING like me. I shall be honest though, I don't know nothing that's of any use to anybody!. I am a noob!. BUT the point is I'm not going to just sit by and not try. If I knew anything that could help I would do it. So far I learnt how to use pas to make maps (but nothing worth mentioning).but I will not let up till I can make a SINGLE game atleast. I wish you luck in making PAS more simple and fine tuning it for productivity. Its also a great idea about unity compatibilty. But let's face it... NObody can use unity without having some form of coding knowledge (I messed around with scripting but don't know nothing) I'm on my blackberry. ---And thanks again for a decent website.- that's phone friendly :).
Wanderer1777
Name: Mike

Re: Platinum Arts Sandbox Reloaded :(

Post by Wanderer1777 »

I wish I could help too. But, I'm not a programmer so I wouldn't be a lot of help.

I'm kind of sad as I've just discovered this program because I was looking for an RPG creator and now you're telling me it will be removed in the next version. :(

I understand the simplification thing. I just wish there was a way to keep the RPG module in the software. Or have an add on module to do that. :(

Like I said, I wish I could help. :(
spikeymikey0196
Name: Michael

Re: Platinum Arts Sandbox Reloaded

Post by spikeymikey0196 »

Mike, i'm willing to help with any graphics you may require? :3
Also, what coding language does cube use? so then i can potentially help with the coding aspect of things :3