Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Music educator

Introduce yourself to the rest of the community here.
klimyriad
Support Team
Support Team
Name: liam

Re: Music educator

Post by klimyriad »

Hi Miles if i may call you that.

I am Klimyriad a member of the support team i am here to help if you need me i not has active as i use to be because of family problems and that but i will try and answer any question just please post in the forums and not by PM because that is ageist the rules i will be also keeping an eye on you because of that little spam problem xD anyway welcome to the forums.
Firstspace the attack Progress. Image
Maps= Image finishing the town of hisal map.
Models and textures Image Just started finding these.
Menus, script's and other stuff. Image
mswcpt
Name: Miles

Post by mswcpt »

Hi Klimyriad -

You may call me Miles :) Thanks for your help.
BTW - re: "spam problem" - there is no spam problem so don't worry. See you,

Miles
mswcpt
Name: Miles

Post by mswcpt »

EDIT #2:
Have you seen this yet? Some scripting tutorials in there that involve the GUI and also other useful tutorials:
http://sandboxgamemaker.com/wiki/index. ... rials_List
I checked this out - but find that many of the links are not available which is unfortunate because their titles indicate some useful tutorials. There is nothing as far as I can see on creating sound within SoundBox however in the WIKI tutorial - am I missing it again?

Further to this I am still rather confused by this:
Also if you are interested in sounds check out the Halloween House map I put together and then look at how I did it in the .cfgs. Basically it uses sound entities created by typing /newent sound and setting a number that is referenced in the .cfg.
I have found the folders which relate to this - thanks - but am confused as to how this is referenced within the game editing mode and how the triggers are actually created within the game editing mode. You say by "typing / newent sound and setting a number that is referenced in the .cfg." I am sorry but I do not understand this. I see from the menu that the entities can be created from pressing F3 but I battled to create the radius for triggering and to see how it actually works - I did try several times but to no avail. Is there any tutorial available on doing this - I cannot find one... It's a bit frustrating...

Thanks,

Best,

Miles