Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Hello

Introduce yourself to the rest of the community here.
rockstarhazard
Name: Aaron

Hello

Post by rockstarhazard »

:arrow: Hi, from a n00b!

Zero experience with game development. I have an interest, yay me! I would like to try and make a "tower defense" clone (clone meaning similar environments, goals etc.) This sandbox thing seems interesting enough to take a peek. My first graphic development app was Flash 3 until Flash MX. After that I had 8-) audio projects for a long while... anyways, :?: Is there a n00b library where I can import, mix, & match preexisting objects for this app? I sure hope so :!: If I manage to like this developer app and finish making something some hopefully addictive game, I will submit it! ;)
Success is not permanent, Failure is not fatal, What matter is having courage to keep going.

P.S. IF THE QUESTION I ASKED IS ANSWERED IN SOME OTHER POST, I just jumped in so obviously! IGNORE IT!
Chaze007
Name: William
IRC Username: Chaze007

Re: Hello

Post by Chaze007 »

Everybody has to start somewhere correct?
Sandbox has a sort of built in library, except instead of tiled pictures you scroll and click.
F2 for textures, easy enough eh? F3 for materials..like water and lava =D.
Sandbox is good for recreating scene map, and I hope you stick with us long enough to feel officially welcome by everyone!
GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Post by GR1M »

Welcome!, As chaze already stated there's a eternal editor for textures, materials, models such as tree's, cups, bowls,...banana’s lol you name it its there. Just click and drag where you want it to go and bam you have it!, So easy a baby could do it!. Tower defense sounds tricky to make but possible, All the tower defense games i remember playing were in 2d so it'll be very very interesting playing it in 3d. And lastly if you need any help just post a question on the fourms or visit us in the chatroom i'm there every day mostly in there for four hours a day or try to be :D , (Chatroom name = Gr1m)
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

I think when water wars comes out I'll be trying to recreate my old LMS map but with dirt and grime creatures, and that was definitely a defense though it was a fort, not a silly tower, who cares about towers, haha. Take care!
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!