Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Thank you, Hero!

Introduce yourself to the rest of the community here.
VonHalde

Thank you, Hero!

Post by VonHalde »

Hello Friends and Heroes,

I'm anxious to try out PAS and see what all I can do with it. I'm new to 3d, but I have made a few 2d games in RPG maker... um, none of them are really finished! Haha! Most of you probably know how long and how much work it takes to make a game, especially if you are just one person. That is why I scour the earth for tools like PAS, which seems like it will make world-crafting fairly easy, comparatively speaking. The less I have to do in the graphics and programming departments, the better; I'm not really a graphics artist or a programmer; I'm a story-maker. Also, I'm only one person.

Right now I'm searching for good tutorials to get me going, and I've found a few tidbits, but I'd like more info. So, if you have any recommendations, please tell me.

I like the idea of PAS a lot, especially the map editing functions, though I'm sad there isn't a party system for RPG games. I don't imagine tweaking the config files would be enough to simulate one; I suppose you'd have to write a hash for multiple actors data storage and a party manager class into the game's source code, and that's far beyond my capabilities. I've made plug-n-play scripts in RGSS for RPG maker, but I'm no C/C++ programmer, that's for sure.

If there was a party system option, it would make PAS a top for choice for my projects. As it is, I will see what I might be able to use it for.

Thanks and peace--