Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

am i in the right place?

Introduce yourself to the rest of the community here.
jumpinjo
Name: sharon

am i in the right place?

Post by jumpinjo »

I would like to make a good hidden object game with randomly placed objects, a story line and simple scrambled picture games between levels. Can it be done in Sandbox? If so, are there tutorials? If not, can someone recommend another game engine? thank you :geek:
Mr. Brightside
Name: Friedrich
IRC Username: Dr_Schnellinger

Re: am i in the right place?

Post by Mr. Brightside »

Randomly placed objects? Well, I don't know if that can be done since Sandbox places objects such as entities the same way as like making a building, maybe there's a script out there where the entity location turns into a variable with a random location.

And about other engines, have you tried Gamemaker 3D? or FPS Creator? maybe DarkBASIC Pro can help you create that game you tell.
jumpinjo
Name: sharon

Post by jumpinjo »

i would like to just drop in my own art and choose what to do with it, is there a program for that?
tyche
Name: Craig A. Eddy
IRC Username: tyche

Post by tyche »

You can. It's how you build a map. And I went so far as to create my own textures for some things, to make them look more real.