Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Adding your very own textures.

Learn more on how to use Sandbox, or submit your own tutorials or resources.
siimvuss
Name: S
IRC Username: S

Re: Adding your very own textures.

Post by siimvuss »

djtckgraffiti wrote:guys. it dont work in 2.4 . id why. but it stinks. i hawe awesomest textures and mapmodels. and i dont know how to insert it. i done ewrything like it was showed in whotos and was written. but when i start sandbox it shows "mytextures\packages" cudnt be read. i do not understand why.
PLZ SMBDY MAKE MOVIE ABOUT TEXTURE ADDING INTO SANDBOX 2.4 AND INSERT INTO YOUTUBE. IT WILL BE AWESOMESTLY HELPFUL :)
It is really easy to add your own textures and mapmodels.... But its hundreds or even thousands times harder to make or get good textures or mapmodels...Where do you get yours? Or do you make them?
Radder

Post by Radder »

First, Chaze007 did an outstanding job on his tutorial without it I would not be adding my own textures. Thanks mate....

djtckgraffiti, Here is a quick flash tut that will maybe help clear a few things up for you.Sometime seeing things help.

unzip the textureadding file,then double click the IE browser icon and the tutorial will start.

Edit: I added a picture of the textured applied. I made the texture for a walk but it makes a good fence too... :D
This is a very basic tut, as Mike and Chaze007 said there is more you can do.
Attachments
woodwalk texture.jpg
textureadding.zip
(571.02 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
Last edited by Radder on October 17th, 2009, 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

If you are trying to add models and textures to an already made map you add it through the map's art.cfg which is found in packages/base or my_stuff/packages/base depending whether you use the launcher or .bat respectively. So for savetheprincess if I want to have new textures appear in the list I'd go into packages/base and find savetheprincess-art.cfg and open it with a text editor and add the new textures to the bottom of the list so I don't mess up the texture order of my map (same with models). Take care!
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
Chaze007
Name: William
IRC Username: Chaze007

Post by Chaze007 »

Thanks guys! I'm glad I did a good job, but this is just basics. Soon hopefully I can extend this to make it better. (:
PizzaLover101
Name: NAME
IRC Username: DaItsicle

Post by PizzaLover101 »

What exactly is SVN?
Ryuzaki
Name: Caleb

Post by Ryuzaki »

Chaze, would you mind if I posted this into the wiki? I'll separate it out differently and add in some notes here and there, but I'll be sure to give you credit for putting this together.
Chaze007
Name: William
IRC Username: Chaze007

Post by Chaze007 »

Ryuzaki: It's already in the wiki. I went and added a bunch of tutorials from other people into the wiki.
gmansland
Name: G
IRC Username: gmansland

Post by gmansland »

ty for the info
augerot
Name: william

Post by augerot »

ok i followed this step by step and when i run sandbox and load a map it gives me this message at topleft of the screen could not read "packages/mytextures/package.cfg" and i have ver1.5
Beorn

Post by Beorn »

Thanks so much!! I've been wanting to add my own textures for sooo long, but never knew how. Heheh... what fun I will have with this... :mrgreen: