Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Dev-Textures for Map Editing.

Learn more on how to use Sandbox, or submit your own tutorials or resources.
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Re: Dev-Textures for Map Editing.

Post by Leo_V117 »

Yeah. But are they dev textures?
Anyway, Besides me developing dev-textures, im also developing a code editor. EasyScriptBuilder (ESB), it may or may not highlight the text in certain colours depending on whether its right, wrong, or excluded from the scripts. heres a small list of available syntax: CubeScript, Batch, DarkScript.
Heres a few I'll be adding later on: C++, C, Lua, Python, Perl, JavaScript.
Kanduras

Post by Kanduras »

I think you simply lost them in termanology Leo.

Folks. these are not textures meant to stay visable. you replace em with other textures after you finished making that part of your game. these make it easier to see what you are working on during the Developpement phase, thus the term Dev-Texture.

I think its a great idea leo. Found myself manually doing this when working the castle map i had been working on, and replacing the current Grass on, nature ground basic (or at least an option to do it quickly) would be great.

ps. are the different shaded squares (the smaller and smaller ones) actual grid sizes? if so mind if i ask what ones?
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Leo_V117 »

Kanduras: Yes, they are actually... and Which ones? All of them! Smallest = GS 1. And the Dev-Texture pack actually assigns itself to the start of the texture list. Making it the Default ground texture. And you actually gave me an Idea... Im gonna make a set for Castles and stuff later. For now, Im gonna work on ESB.
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Leo_V117 wrote:Yeah. But are they dev textures?
Anyway, Besides me developing dev-textures, im also developing a code editor. EasyScriptBuilder (ESB), it may or may not highlight the text in certain colours depending on whether its right, wrong, or excluded from the scripts. heres a small list of available syntax: CubeScript, Batch, DarkScript.
Heres a few I'll be adding later on: C++, C, Lua, Python, Perl, JavaScript.
Didn't Ven make one for Cubescript already? Can't you work with him on these?
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Leo_V117 »

Yeah, but it was incomplete and he stopped working on it. Besides, he was using Visual Basic... Im using Qt and a lot of C++. And I already have some screenshots of its appearance.
ESB-Start. Basic layout for the interface. Textbox started at the bottom before moving it to its final position. No Icons and only contains the "File" tab.
ESB-Start. Basic layout for the interface. Textbox started at the bottom before moving it to its final position. No Icons and only contains the "File" tab.
ESB-Stage 2. Started adding Icons. Created the top menu and added a restriction to the minimum width. Probably gonna add to that later.
ESB-Stage 2. Started adding Icons. Created the top menu and added a restriction to the minimum width. Probably gonna add to that later.
ESB-Icons. Now that it has Icons, It looks a lot more user friendly.
ESB-Icons. Now that it has Icons, It looks a lot more user friendly.
Tell me what you think. I still have to get Save/Save As/Open/New to work. And Im also planning on Syntax Highlighting, Autocomplete and Numbered Lines to be added. The area on the right may contain a media player and a few other little gadgets that would be useful. Considering we use OGG Vorbis as the main sound format, the Media Player can play all formats so we'll have a decent way of listening to it without installing rediculus software or plugins. If you think anything else should be added, let me know and I'll see if I can get it to work.

Thanks.
- Leo
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Damn, that looks great, Leo.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!