Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

autoexec.cfg file to fix geometry movement issues

Learn more on how to use Sandbox, or submit your own tutorials or resources.
DreamBliss
Name: DreamBliss

autoexec.cfg file to fix geometry movement issues

Post by DreamBliss »

I will make a video tutorial for this eventually and link it here. This information ha also been posted in another thread. I figured it was valuable enough to have its own thread.

So make an autoexec.cfg file in your main Sandbox directory. For Windows users you just create a new text document and give it that name. Click on Yes on the warning that comes up. Alternatively you can open Notepad, use the drop down for All Types or whatever its called, and use that name to save your text document. Inside it paste this code:

Code: Select all

// Custom Controls by DreamBliss

editbind LSHIFT [editcut]
editbind I [
	@nokeybind [redo; passthroughsel 1]
	@ctrlkeybind [redo; passthroughsel 1]
	@bothkeybind [undo]
]
editbind U [
	@nokeybind [undo; passthroughsel 0]
	@ctrlkeybind [undo; passthroughsel 0]
	@bothkeybind [redo]
]
Make any changes you want then save it. That's the entire contents of my autoexec.cfg file with some alterations, just in case anyone wanted the extra stuff. Comment out or leave out the last two lines if you don't want them. If you just want the move controls and nothing else, use the first line. This basically frees up Z to be used for something else. Since U already works for Undo I is your best choice for redo. This is also more compatible with other Cube 2 engine games.

I'm working on rotation now -
- DreamBliss
State what you want for your reality,
But let the universe fill in the details.

My Forums
http://spiritualexplorers.zymichost.com/index.php