Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Saving a model you made in the game

Learn more on how to use Sandbox, or submit your own tutorials or resources.
RageQuitter
Name: Charles

Saving a model you made in the game

Post by RageQuitter »

Hi everyone! just wondering if you can save the building you made as a model that you can re-use in the game again?

Also I was wondering if you can export the models you made in the engine to .obj or any exportation :)

It looks like its a great tool too for creating environments :)
esequiel14

Re: Saving a model you made in the game

Post by esequiel14 »

Yes things you make ingame can be turned to a model just errase all that you dont want to transform to a model including the floor and type /writeobj (name of object) and it should appear on the 'my stuff' folder as an .obj format without skin. To import it to the game I don't remember its been years since I did this but is not that hard. Sorry I cant explain better but I havent use this game in years so im just basically saying its possible but I dont remember how to do it anymore. I hope someone else explain it to you better.

Here is a video of buildings made ingame turned to map models.
check out my video tutorials and sandbox coolest maps in http://www.youtube.com/user/Esequiel14
RageQuitter
Name: Charles

Post by RageQuitter »

esequiel14 wrote:Yes things you make ingame can be turned to a model just errase all that you dont want to transform to a model including the floor and type /writeobj (name of object) and it should appear on the 'my stuff' folder as an .obj format without skin. To import it to the game I don't remember its been years since I did this but is not that hard. Sorry I cant explain better but I havent use this game in years so im just basically saying its possible but I dont remember how to do it anymore. I hope someone else explain it to you better.

Here is a video of buildings made ingame turned to map models.

Thank you sir! I shall give it a shot ;)
waleed1

Post by waleed1 »

My boys and I created this game and thought it would be good to share with the community. We are not sure how this will be received, whether we have done everything right... There may be some bugs to handle but we think it is ready for viewer/player suggestions. I was hoping to be able to just upload the files here, but could not quite find the upload page, so TéléPortal is accessible from my website.