Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

dr.tygen's Contest Submission

The archive of maps from previous contests.

Rate my map (1 is poor, 5 is excellent)

No votes
No votes
No votes
100%
No votes

Total votes: 3

Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Re: dr.tygen's Contest Submission

Post by Hirato »

I wasn't part of the rule making process, so calimer and chaze007 have the final word.

but I don't have a problem with it.

if anyone else was spending a days or weeks on a map, and saw there's a contest, of course they're going to enter that map instead of making a new one for the contest specifically :P

oh and I'm taking one of my vote since you misspelled my name (or am I?) :P
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
dr.tygen

Post by dr.tygen »

You wouldn't dare...

...you would...

"Fate protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise."
--William Riker

Chaze007
Name: William
IRC Username: Chaze007

Post by Chaze007 »

No problem here.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

I'm unable to judge this map since when I click on the link it says not found. Anyone else having that problem? Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
GR1M
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Luke
IRC Username: Gr1m

Post by GR1M »

Most file hosters will delete the file after a given ammount of time.
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Yeah next time I can just host them on my server. People can just e-mail them to me or something and I'll put them on the FTP.

I really liked this map at first but there are a few things that I think should be improved.

Pros: Quite large, and looks like a good amount of time was spent adding the windows and adding floors and such. The lobby area was pretty nice though I think you could spruce it up a bit.

Cons:
The top of the building was kind of strange, really broken up. I guess that was because the concept of the hotel is that it is in construction? I didn't like how you could only visit some bedrooms, and the pillows were square. Also the stairs only go up to the second floor? I would have like to have seen more "life" to the map, such as people in the lobby to chat with, people in the rooms. What if the lobby had a fountain? That might be a neat idea. Also what about a receptionist? The metal stairway at the top is kind of neat though a little random. Also the building is high but the lower area is small, IE, not much view.

If we wanted to eventually add this into Sandbox, would we have permission? I would like to see some updates to it as I mentioned, but I could see this as being a neat addition eventually. I rated it a 4 though I'm not sure it should count since it was started before the contest. Even if we don't count it I would like to give it an honorable mention. Also we do plan to have many more contests, and I can think of scenerios where previously made maps would be acceptable, so keep this one handy and I really hope you improve on it, it can be quite an awesome map. Thanks for this entry and nice work! Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
dr.tygen

Post by dr.tygen »

If it was a perfect map, I would be SELLING it rather than SUBMITTING it. :twisted:

Only joking. I'm ecstatic about getting 2nd.

The thing is, I'm fairly sick of this map. Maybe someday I'll perfect it. :roll:

--William Riker

Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Why does everyone ignore my permission questions? D:
dr.tygen

Post by dr.tygen »

Sorry; when I submitted it, I thought I was giving permission for you to use it and alter it.... as long as I am given credit. :D

--William Riker