Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Ahab's contest map ( unfinished, bleh )

The archive of maps from previous contests.

Rate my map (1 is poor, 5 is excellent)

No votes
No votes
No votes
67%
33%

Total votes: 3

Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Ahab's contest map ( unfinished, bleh )

Post by Mike »

The people having trouble loading the map might have an outdated binary.

I really like this map and I can't wait to see how it progresses! It would have been my top pick but it seems like it is missing some life to it. One thing that might be neat is some cliff walkway past the lava. Also so people have to take the trail (which is a ton of fun) you might want to add respawn material so that people that just jump down from really high up have to respawn. It would be neat too if those two dam areas are connected, like some steps that go through the moutain and/or a mountain passage, with steps! haha. Vegetation and moss on the walls might be a neat touch too with possibly some fish or something in the water. Also the particles for the lava spraying off the rocks seemed like it could be a little better. It is a neat idea for sure but something bugs me about it. I think that if you stand on a rock right outside of the main building and look into the cave where the lava is, that that is one of the neatest views I've seen in a game in a while. Great work, and I rated you a 4.5 (which I rounded up to a 5) just because it is unfinished and could use a little love. Great work! I can't wait to see how this map turns out!! Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
siimvuss
Name: S
IRC Username: S

Post by siimvuss »

Mike wrote:The people having trouble loading the map might have an outdated binary.
How can i solve this?
madfox95
Name: Sten
IRC Username: Madfox

Post by madfox95 »

I update it twice a day :D
I am going to put u sleep, slowly!
In progress - I don't use PAS anymore. UDK is better.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

Here are instructions for compiling your own binary:
http://sandboxgamemaker.com/wiki/index. ... ource_code

Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!