Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

My RPG hub

Show off your Sandbox related videos!
KieDK
Name: Keith

My RPG hub

Post by KieDK »

This is my first post here.

I made this before they mentioned the recent contest, viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3332, and I am quite sure I won't be anywhere near done by the time it ends. So I'm just going to show off what I've done.

The spinning circles on a pole are teleporters (not implemented). The colors on them represent the destination. The silver one would take the player back to town. Now I love playing with lighting and trying to get things to blend together. I'm pretty sure we've all played a game where objects, buildings and even characters don't exactly look like they belong in the scenery.

The teleporter took me awhile to figure out how to animate and skin for it to do the same in game. I even messed up when I first made it spin, it doesn't go completely back to its starting position so it jerks and the animation starts and ends slow. The video capture program doesn't help any.

So yeah, I think I've properly introduced myself and my noobish work.
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Re: My RPG hub

Post by Hirato »

KieDK wrote:The teleporter took me awhile to figure out how to animate and skin for it to do the same in game. I even messed up when I first made it spin, it doesn't go completely back to its starting position so it jerks and the animation starts and ends slow. The video capture program doesn't help any.
Keep in mind that animations start at frame 0, if you're starting from frame 1, it's definitely going to be jerky when it resets at the end.

also I'd like to mention that RPG teleports do work :)
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
KieDK
Name: Keith

Post by KieDK »

It took me some time to figure out how to work everything in blender. >_< Complicated mess.

I'll have to look into that.
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Hi. I'm CP. Since you're calling this your intro post, that means I'll at least introduce myself. I see you've already met Hirato. I have to say, your teleporters are incredible. Do you plan on uploading them for others to use, or are they just your own?
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
kid matthew
Developer
Developer
Name: Matthew
IRC Username: Kid_matthew

Post by kid matthew »

Hi KieDK,
I'm Matthew, I've been here since August 2009, I'm a really good mapper. I am also a decent scripter.
I know nothing about models.
I can help with most of your problems.
I can usualy be contacted Via the IRC ( http://www.sandboxgamemaker.com/wiki/in ... t_The_Team )

Cheers,
Matthew

Off-topic: CP:Before anyone messes this up again... I'M A GUY!
He's No a Guy He's a PIE, A Yummy Delicious PIE!
Lost Lands Work In Progress <3 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2522 <3