Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

New Cavern Video (Contest)

Archive of entries from the Steam Game Contest.
stefos
Contributor
Contributor
Name: stefos

New Cavern Video (Contest)

Post by stefos »

Here is my first video entry in the contest, music is free of copyright.

Download link http://www.sendspace.com/file/f5by2n
Last edited by stefos on January 12th, 2010, 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why not create your own cool comics with Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker

Visit Comix Sandbox Here http://www.comix-sandbox.com
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Cavern Video (Contest)

Post by Mike »

Wow I am really digging that song! Can I have it :D and just so I don't need to worry, how is it free of copyright? Someone released it public domain or something or you made it? I love it. Take care and thanks for posting this!
-mike
Edit - Watching it again it does have some nice screens, but I also noticed there were not any shots of the vastness of the cavern, which I think is perhaps the most interesting part (though that temple is really cool too and you had an awesome shot of it). I'm really liking how these videos are improving and improving, it seems my job come monday is going to be a tough one :D Keep up the awesome work and thank you!!!
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
stefos
Contributor
Contributor

Post by stefos »

Mike wrote:Wow I am really digging that song! Can I have it :D and just so I don't need to worry, how is it free of copyright? Someone released it public domain or something or you made it? I love it. Take care and thanks for posting this!
-mike
Mike the music is produced through the computer through the program I use to produce the slides, the music is is from an old classic composer, I think Motzart or someone like that. All classics like this are Copyright Free, no musicians have played the music you hear on the video so no copyright goes to none existing musicians.
The music length, tempo, feel, speed, etc are controlled by the user, so the actual producer of the music is the user of the program (me) so no copyright infringement. :D
Why not create your own cool comics with Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker

stefos
Contributor
Contributor

Post by stefos »

Mike wrote:Watching it again it does have some nice screens, but I also noticed there were not any shots of the vastness of the cavern, which I think is perhaps the most interesting part (though that temple is really cool too and you had an awesome shot of it). I'm really liking how these videos are improving and improving, it seems my job come monday is going to be a tough one :D Keep up the awesome work and thank you!!!
I have to say this map was difficult for me to do however in the next day or so I think I will produce a finale video for the contest which will show the full power of Sandbox using just about all the maps and I hope animated movement through the maps.

Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

You are doing a terrific job, keep up the good work! Is there any way you can post that song? I want to add it to my music collection, haha. There is one cavern shot that I remember where if you are by the outside of the building, I think on a rock right next to the water and look towards the lava that it is absolutely breathtaking. Not sure if I snagged a screen but I should have. Just an idea. Thank you again for this great video! Take care.
-mike
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!