Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Water Gun Wars To Do

Chat and ask questions about Water Gun Wars here!
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Water Gun Wars To Do

Post by Mike »

If you are interested in doing one of these post in a seperate topic please! :) I'll this list update accordingly.

Currently the SVN aka Development version already has the working guns!! Guns include the water pistol, water chaingun, water balloon launcher, water balloon rocket launcher, water sniper, water shotty, and water saw! I'd love to eventually get a Water Thrower in too ;D You can download it right now and try it out for yourself! Using Waterwars.bat will launch you right into the test map!
http://www.sandboxgamemaker.com/wiki/in ... evelopment

Coding:
Master Server
Movement/Ammo Tweaking
New Gun? Waterthrower?
Team Drenchmatch
CTF
Adjust Muzzleflashes (remove?)
Completed - Water Pistol, Water Chaingun, Water Sniper, Water Double Shotgun, Water Rocket Launcher, Water Grenade Launcher, Water Saw (Adjustments needed?)

Modeling:
Replacement assets for:
packages/models/ammo
packages/models/captaincannon (the player model)
packages/models/projectiles
packages/models/vweps
packages/models/hudguns

Mapping:
Good maps for each mode.

2D:
/packages/hud better icon textures
art to go with the model requirements

Sounds:
Weapon sounds
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Watergun Wars To Do

Post by Mike »

Updated the coding jobs list.
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Re: Water Gun Wars To Do

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Here's a minor critique of Waterwars in general, I thought this might be an appropriate place to put it, like "changes to be made" or something like that. I'm remembering these off the top of my head, I have the rest written down on my other computer.

Code: Select all

- better/more realistic particles for shooting, e.g. water/rain and fountain particles instead of smoke and explosion particles
- implementation of armor entity in game, HUD
- make KM's control mod the regular system
- better bots (which is why I left Sauer for RE), I hate how random and unstable they are
- changing crosshair on zoom?
also, this might be one for Hirato, is there a way to implement a pause button? In addition to that, could there be a pause button or script that doesn't affect the menus? My reasoning for that last question is that I was thinking about making a tutorial map. I would have the map be done in sections. Maybe between sections, or at certain events (e.g. getting hit, or reaching a goal), I would have the game pause and a menu would pop-up, showing a useful tip. That could be done with echo, but I don't think that using echo really works well for some cases. Plus there's always the "do you understand?" and "please repeat" options in that case.

I know you said to make a new topic, but I'm not quite up for it, but I can maybe do some new weapons (already did the grenade projectile), I've been working on the icons, and if I really have to, I can try for the new playermodel. Maybe we should have a group discussion on what our playermodel should be like? Maybe get some cool sketches of ideas and features, does that sound good?
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
kid matthew
Developer
Developer
Name: Matthew
IRC Username: Kid_matthew

Post by kid matthew »

Since I'm project lead for WGW. Ill work on this "- changing crosshair on zoom?" first. It's pretty simple ( I think )
We're still looking for a armor pick up model for armor.
Controls are already in.
Bots, That's a little more difficult. Ill ask Hirato.
Ill try to make some cool particles for Water wars,
We are thinking about using this model but modifying it. http://www.quadropolis.us/node/1975

Cheers,
Matthew
Lost Lands Work In Progress <3 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2522 <3
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team

Post by chocolatepie33 »

kid matthew wrote:I'm project lead for WGW
when did this happen? It would be nice if everyone knew about that.
kid matthew wrote: Ill work on this "- changing crosshair on zoom?" first. It's pretty simple ( I think )
yeah, some pseudocode:

Code: Select all

if zoom == 1 [   //if zoom is on
     crosshair = 3 //use crosshair no. 3
]
if zoom == 0 [ //if zoom is off
     crosshair = 1 //use crosshair no. 1
]
You would just need to find either the proper source file or the proper configuration file for that to happen.
kid matthew wrote:We're still looking for a armor pick up model for armor.
there's the possibility of making it if we can't find it, what exactly are you looking for?
kid matthew wrote:Controls are already in.
great.
kid matthew wrote:Ill try to make some cool particles for Water wars,
it's less making cool ones, just changing which particles are used to be more realistic. like mentioned - smoke and explosions for WATER?
kid matthew wrote:Bots, That's a little more difficult. Ill ask Hirato.
please ask him about the game/action pausing without menu pausing, that's critical for a good tutorial map.
kid matthew wrote:We are thinking about using this model but modifying it. http://www.quadropolis.us/node/1975
that actually looks pretty cool... I'm up for it.
Save the wiki!
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

Is there any possibility of there being a mode in which you move and jump at a more realistic speed (please note that the only reason I say this is because I'm bad at fps games in high speed and maybe some more people too)?
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

You can always change the movespeed and jumpheight for your server :D

EDIT - to the above post I think that list is quite low priority stuff. The main focus needs to be the icons, the health/armor/whatever else models, and gratuitous waterleak effect. Also making the nade launcher worthwhile would be nice. But yeah the base stuff needs to be set first and then we can work on "extras", probably for 2.9. Thanks for the ideas though and more water effects would be pretty cool. I think the bots aren't really that important because who likes fighting bots? Boring :\ Also pausing? That sounds really annoying! I think there is actually already the ability to that but I'll try to keep that hidden ;D
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Mike wrote:The main focus needs to be the icons
I'm working on those.
I've also modified the old damage screen, shown is the file and in-game appearance:
damage.png
screenshot_52134.png
Mike wrote:making the nade launcher worthwhile would be nice
what do you mean? is there something wrong with it?
Mike wrote: I think the bots aren't really that important because who likes fighting bots? Boring :\ Also pausing? That sounds really annoying! I think there is actually already the ability to that but I'll try to keep that hidden ;D
bots are nice when there are no servers up. as for pausing, if you're usually a bot match player like me, then it's very convenient. Like said, I've been planning on a tutorial map, if you don't pause the game when showing tips, you're going to get killed.

BTW: already found the pause command. don't worry, it's a secret. until you change it in the next version.
Last edited by chocolatepie33 on July 9th, 2012, 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Save the wiki!
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

How is that damage screen better than mine? It looks like you're going through a portal xD
kid matthew
Developer
Developer
Name: Matthew
IRC Username: Kid_matthew

Post by kid matthew »

I don't think he said it's better then your's :p, so competitive lol! :D

As for the water splash on face, Say if when your using a sniper and we had a custom zoom crosshair scope on the screen when u zoomed, that would fit nice with it. ( I think )

Cheers,
Matthew
Lost Lands Work In Progress <3 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2522 <3