Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Potential Player Models and Weapons

Chat and ask questions about Water Gun Wars here!
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Potential Player Models and Weapons

Post by Mike »

We should have a tournament in general, that sounds like fun. A few things need to happen first, mainly the scores UI working but sounds like fun! Perhaps we could have a double contest for best maps and then best players on those maps haha.
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Re: Potential Player Models and Weapons

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Captain_Ahab wrote:a single player game could use kid-style robots that spark a lot and stop working when they get wet...kids save planet from aliens or mad scientist!

if a particle generator can be tagged to a bad guy's armature, then the particles could be fire and the kids save the world from lava monsters by putting out their fires; lava monsters harden to stone when they get wet and cool off.
That would be an awesome thing to see.
Mike wrote:We should have a tournament in general, that sounds like fun. A few things need to happen first, mainly the scores UI working but sounds like fun! Perhaps we could have a double contest for best maps and then best players on those maps haha.
I'd like that, a double contest would be very nice.

@on-topic: I was doing some sketching the other day, and I thought, if we're going for the kid-friendly FPS mode, then why don't we have kiddish names for the guns? Doesn't that sound cool? Maybe something like the "Great White Super Soaker", and the gun has a sharkfin on the back of it, or something like that, maybe the "Ultra Duck-Powered Water Balloon" would be cool. And Mike, you already think this is a good idea without even knowing it. Why?
Mike wrote:Like Water Bot O Destruction 2000
Also, as mentioned, I was sketching the other day, those were sketches of possible models I could try to make, I'll see what I can do to bring the sketches to 3D life.

EDIT: since I'll be gone for a bit of time (camping trip - yay), here's a quick screenie of a possible grenade model (if we don't go for the duck), it was somewhat inspired by the RE one, which is actually a lot different in terms of shape, but with similar (glow) lighting. On second look, it unfortunately looks a lot like the Sauerbraten one (which we currently use), Now that I've tested waterwars, I really must say that we need new models for a lot of the important stuff.

For comparison, here's mine, as shown in Blender's edit mode:
waterbomb.png
and the Sauer one, as shown in Noesis:
sauer-grenade.png
BTW: I'll see all of you again in a couple weeks. G'night or g'day.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!