Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Water Gun Wars Guide

Chat and ask questions about Water Gun Wars here!
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Water Gun Wars Guide

Post by Mike »

I'll be placing something up on the wiki about this soon enough but here is a rough guide.

/dm = drenchmatch (a free for all)
/tdm = team drenchmatch
/ctf = capture the flag (bananas actually, /newent flag makes sure to set the teams, 1 is blue, 2 is red)
/savethebanana = base capture mode (/newent base)
/capture works now too
/idm Insta drenchmatch
/itdm Insta team drenchmatch

Entities - /newent nameoftheentity
flag
base
shells
bullets
rockets
riflerounds
grenades
cartridges
health
healthboost
greenarmour
yellowarmour
quaddamage

Server Client Commands:
/connect - connect to a server using the IP
/sendmap
/getmap
These two commands allow you to send other players maps they may not have while in multiplayer mode, and easily keep maps in sync while doing coop edit. "sendmap" reloads the current map you are on, then uploads it to the server and sends every other player a message about it. Other players can then simply type "getmap" to receive the current map, which is written to their local disk then reloaded. A second variant "sendmap name" is available which is particularly useful for coop editing, which first does a "savemap name" before performing the actual "sendmap". Thus in both cases you must already be on the map you want to send before issuing the command! (in some multiplayer that requires voting). Also note that "getmap" operates on the last map send by some other player, whatever it is.

Server admin:
/setmaster B - Attempts to set master status to B. 0 gives up master status, 1 claims master status, or the admin password may be specified to steal master status from the current master. If you specify a password, you are granted "admin" status, which allows you to enable server features that an ordinary master can't.

/mastermode N - Sets the server to master mode N. N can be (ranging from very open to very private):
0 (open): anyone can enter the server. This is the default mode. It is good for games with random people, if no cheaters appear to be around.
1 (veto): as 0, but now the master can force map changes. This is good when playing with new players who may not understand how to vote for map changes.
2 (locked): as 1, but anyone joining after this mode has been set will be forced to be spectator only. This mode is ideal for tournament play, or games with friends only.
3 (private): as 2, but now noone can join the server anymore. Good for games with friends when cheaters are around, cheaters wont even connect, so wont have the chance to try and screw things up.

/kick - kick a client by their # It is actually a ban.
/clearbans
/goto
/pausegame

Bots - Make sure to claim admin - They work but need some love
addbot [SKILL] - Adds a bot at skill level SKILL if provided, or defaults to a random skill level between 50 and 100 if not provided. You must be master or playing locally to use this command. Bots may only be added up to the server specified bot limit unless you are an admin or local player. This also causes waypoints to load if any are available for the current map.

delbot - Removes a bot. You must be master or playing locally to use this command.

botlimit N - Sets the bot limit for masters to N. This limit does not effect admins or local players. Only admins or local players can use this command.

botbalance B - Enables automatic team balancing for bots if B=1 and disables it if B=0. Only masters or local players can use this command.
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Re: Water Gun Wars Guide

Post by arcones »

Thank you!

This is awesome :)

Now, I can make maps.
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

Hey, just what I needed. Maybe you could mention something about making maps based on player amounts?
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
Runescapedj
Name: Michiel
IRC Username: Sandboxdj

Post by Runescapedj »

I have to look into this once my map is done with lights and models...
jSoftApps
Name: J.R.
IRC Username: jSoftApps

Post by jSoftApps »

Awesome! I didn't know that bases were still in

All your base are belong to us :P
jSoft Apps Software Innovations - App, Games and More!
Visit our Website!

jSoft Apps is now on indie db!
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

I don't know if it's just me, but /newent base does not work. same for anyone else?
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
uploadmetal
Name: jerome berben

Post by uploadmetal »

I have a question, How do I chat with other people?
arcones
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Timothy
IRC Username: I use Steam

Post by arcones »

T

lol :D
Want a user bar like this one? PM Leo!
uploadmetal
Name: jerome berben