Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Changing projectiles speed size and damage.

Chat and ask questions about Water Gun Wars here!
esequiel14

Changing projectiles speed size and damage.

Post by esequiel14 »

Can someone tell me where can I change the properties of bullets in water wars mode? I want to make bullets more big but slower and with less damage for a more friendly less instant death gameplay.
check out my video tutorials and sandbox coolest maps in http://www.youtube.com/user/Esequiel14
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Re: Changing projectiles speed size and damage.

Post by Leo_V117 »

C++ Source files. "src/fpsgame/weapon.cpp". Have a play around with it... You may need to have a look through other files to change damage and such.
esequiel14

Post by esequiel14 »

Wow that's alot of coding I dont even know where to start does anyone know a tutorial about this? This is important for making a game a tutorial about this will be a big step in helping players make their own game.

So I can just edit the coding in notepad to change the properties of weapons? or do i need a special sofware to edit these files?
check out my video tutorials and sandbox coolest maps in http://www.youtube.com/user/Esequiel14
Leo_V117
Support Team
Support Team
Name: Leo
IRC Username: Leo_V117

Post by Leo_V117 »

You'll need CodeBlocks, or, a valid compiler for C++ and you'll need to follow the tutorial on the wiki about Compiling the source code.

And about editing that file, I wouldn't personally touch it with a barge-pole. Not because it's complex, but because it makes no sense to me. Well, I know how it works, but why do it that way?