Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Increasing Number Of Clients

Chat and ask questions about Water Gun Wars here!
LordGray
Name: Graham

Increasing Number Of Clients

Post by LordGray »

HI, I am a teacher that has been asked to introduce Sandbox. I need to run a server with a higher number of clients than the current 8 limit. I have tried to modify the .cfg file to 16 (which it appears to do) but still the server will only allow up to 8 clients. How can I change this to say 16.
Many thanks
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Increasing Number Of Clients

Post by Mike »

In the server-init.cfg make max clients to the # you need.
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!
LordGray

Post by LordGray »

Hi Mike.
Many thanks for the reply but from initial question this is something I had done yet still server only allowed 8 clients. When I use connect localhost, press esc and select multiplayer tab it still shows #/8 clients. Wasn't sure if I need to use console command to reset to higher.
Many thanks.
LordGray

Post by LordGray »

Well this is weird. Have just started PC from before. .cfg file still shows 16 clients. Ran session and checked how many players and now showing 16 phew. All I can assume from before is that console requires PC (and laptop) to be shutdown and not just restarted for change to take affect. Must assume restart not clearing associated files.
Cheers Mike for response.
Mike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mike »

You would only need to restart the server. You do need to exit it from your taskbar if you are using windows. To make sure you can even make sure it isn't still in your task manager.
We also have a facebook page, facebook group, myspace page and a twitter page[/b][/color]!