Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Wanting to Make a Shop

Chat and ask questions about the RPG Maker Mode here.
donnelly517
Name: Evan Donnelly

Wanting to Make a Shop

Post by donnelly517 »

I saw the Shop Example Script thread, but it isn't working (I think it was meant for an older version of sandbox, because I heard that you can't make gui's inside of a script anymore). I want to have a shop gui, not a dialogue tree that would likely take a long time to make, even if you're good at scripting unlike me. And the game I want this in ISN'T in SVN, it's in the normal 2.7.1 release. How could I do this?
Helping to map Broken Shield and Revelade Revolution.
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Re: Wanting to Make a Shop

Post by chocolatepie33 »

RPG or FPS mode?
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
donnelly517

Post by donnelly517 »

It's RPG mode.
chocolatepie33
Support Team
Support Team
IRC Username: CP

Post by chocolatepie33 »

I think that's something Hirato plans to have done for 2.8, the tutorial you followed is most likely for FPS mode. If you ever saw kdd's "Kelgar", there was a shop script in there. However, on the Kelgar thread, I think they (hirato and kdd) were talking about what was wrong with it and whatnot, you may want to take a look at it.
Julius wrote:Contribute to http://www.opengameart.org NOW!
Save the wiki!
donnelly517

Post by donnelly517 »

I've seen Kelgar, so I know what you mean. That might be what I end up doing though.

Theres a couple other things I'd like to do, some of which are probably impossible but you never know.
1. Diablo style looting. Rather than making a giant looting script or just having items added to your inventory if you interact with a dead NPC, is it possible to loop the inventory and drop anything inside of it upon death, which can then be picked up? Seems plausible. Has anybody done this?
2. Enemy health bar. I saw this in a youtube video so I'm sure it's possible. I've got no clue as to how to make one though. I'm going to try to find out who made it and ask whoever that is.