Hi! Welcome to the forum for Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker. I currently have the forums locked as I am attempting to properly update them.

In the meantime please join the new Discord Server!

If you have any questions please e-mail me through the Platinum Arts website.

Max Weight Changes

Chat and ask questions about the RPG Maker Mode here.
coopziana
Name: Ben

Max Weight Changes

Post by coopziana »

Hi,

I'm working on an RPG in 2.7 and i'm making it so that without equipment your character is all but useless. So basically equipment is key for every stat.

I was wanting to play around with Weights so that you can only equip certain items together before you are overweight and have to rethink your "Build" (as it were). I currently have 106 types of armor and weapons which I was going to use a shop to obtain... however recipe's will do for now.

Anyway onto my question:

Is there a way that I can define using a script or in status' that the item in question has a MAXWeight limit but also weighs a certain amount itself?

Here is an example:

Code: Select all

r_item_name "LEG-27VR"
r_item_worth 324
r_item_weight 275 // <------ How heavy the item is!
r_item_mdl "dcp/sack"

r_item_use_new_armour
r_item_use_name "LEG-27VR"
r_item_use_description "Weight:275 / Armour:360 / Agility:+80 / Stealth:+53 / Move:+14 / MAXWeight:+540" //<--- How much extra weight can be tolerated by using this piece of armour!
r_item_use_chargeflags $CHARGE_RADIUS
r_item_use_new_status 27 $ATTACK_NONE 0
r_item_use_slots $SLOT_LEGS
r_item_use_skill $SKILL_ARMOUR
So basically by equipping this piece it will make your Max weight +540 and the item itself weighs 275. which gives you an extra 265 weight to add additional parts!

Obviously if you go over your max weight it slows you right down and makes jumping pretty much useless!

Can anyone advise?
Hirato
Developer
Developer
IRC Username: hirato

Re: Max Weight Changes

Post by Hirato »

hah, I just noticed that of the 54 base status effects, none of them affects your weight carrying capacity...
For the record, the "description" field was intended more for fluff describing the item in some way.

I'll add it to my working tree for 3.0... 2,8 should've been released a while back, but the website troubles are kind of in the way.
This is not a url, clicking it is pointless
coopziana
Name: Ben

Re: Max Weight Changes

Post by coopziana »

Hi Hirato,

So for now it's not going to work?

That's fine, In that case (for now) I'll remove the weights and work on setting up the characteristics of each item, as I'm sure I'm going to run up against some issues with them...

Funnily enough I already have!

I would like to set up that My boots actually work as boosters. So In essence you can fly around until you run out of energy and then your boosters stop working and you fall. at present I can't even set the boots to even change my Jumpvel at all, let alone have it drain energy.

Obviously I would use this as a skill, however the only way I've found to use skills is to have an item equipped to left/right hand and as I'm working with hand specific weapons... this will not work for me.

I have found that using keybinds i can get an item into slots 2-9 on the HUD (1 won't work for some reason) but I can't get it to actually do anything more than show an icon.

Is there any way I can go about doing this?

Here is my code:

r_item_name "FEET-1VR"
r_item_worth 485
r_item_weight 25
r_item_mdl "dcp/sack"

r_item_use_new_armour
r_item_use_name "FEET-1VR"
r_item_use_description "Weight:25 / Cost:3.5MPs / Boost:190" // Cost 3.5 Mana Per Second and boosts at 190... Yeah I'll work on that figure as I get round to working out how to boost. 
r_item_use_chargeflags $CHARGE_RADIUS
r_item_use_new_status 46 $ATTACK_NONE 0
r_item_use_slots $SLOT_FEET
r_item_use_skill $SKILL_ARMOUR
for status, I know I can't have a code like:

r_status_friendly 1
r_status_addgeneric $STATUS_JUMPVEL 190
as JUMPVEL is not a valid Status.

Any suggestions?